Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one  (Read 4535 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« on: September 05, 2007, 05:18:30 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09052007

"On the back of the couch. Unmistakable. About one foot up."

My my, what has that wacky scamp Philippe been up to?

Something tells me we haven't heard the end of this.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 05:23:49 am by Bimmicus »
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 05:31:10 am »

onstad went into rated R with this one. Im trying to put together what circumstances lead to a cumshot one foot up on the back of a couch.

"The midget fell off the back and i damn sure wasnt holding back...
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 05:43:39 am »

I chalk this strip up to the author remembering the term "cumshot" and deciding that remembering this term was worth an entire strip.

And, I mean, that's fine?

I briefly had Chicago reliever Ryan Dempster on my pretend baseball team mostly because I liked referring to him as Cum Dempster, I am fine with Low Chuckles.

But there are also times when you gotta realize when the Low Chuckles are mostly for you, inside your own head.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 05:49:54 am »

Maybe it was Todd, working to perfect his Ranged Attack.

I found the most amusing part of this strip to be the odd close-up of Ray's lunch, so what does that say?
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 05:51:54 am »

Oh damn. Ray probably has a $60,000 custom made sofa, too. Getting bodily fluids on other peoples belongings is hell of crass.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 05:54:15 am »

C-h-u-c-k-l-e-s becomes cockles now? Huh. Is this a new one?

Canned for use of roleplaying game terminology for an imaginary squirrel laying down his seed indiscriminately, by the by.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 06:13:40 am »

I briefly had Chicago reliever Ryan Dempster on my pretend baseball team mostly because I liked referring to him as Cum Dempster, I am fine with Low cockles.

I had him on my team for half the season and not once did I think to call him Cum Dempster. I almost wish I had.

Anyways, this strip serves as a perfect example of how one moderately funny word cannot make an entire comic no matter how many nouns and verbs you toss around it. And let's be honest: is cumshot even that funny of a word to begin with?

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 06:14:52 am »

It's no "semprini," that's for sure.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 07:24:21 am »

Maybe it was Todd, working to perfect his Ranged Attack.


My my, what has that wacky scamp Philippe been up to?



Little Nephew


Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 01:18:41 pm »

Now I am afraid that my mind will make me slip THAT WORD into conversation today, and there is really no appropriate way for that to happen at work.  Even if I manage to hold it in until I get home I am sure my fine lady would flinch, much like I do when she uses the feminine c-word.

Why oh why am I squeamish about certain words in certain company?  I can cuss like one of the original Dirtiest Dudes when I'm among kindered spirits but other times I'm like my Kentucky grandmother, all refusing to acknowledge that married people sleep in the same bed.
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 01:21:21 pm »

Maybe someone had been watching Abducted By the Daleks?

gloomba

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 63
  • One stomp and he dies . . . . 100 PTS.
    • View Profile
Re: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 02:11:02 pm »

I have actually never heard the term "cumshot" used in this way.  I always thought that the "shot" in question was the photographic sense of the word, i.e. in a film or pictorial spread, the "shot" which depicts the "cum."  But this strip has broadened my horizons, and now I have a new term that will allow me to discuss cumshots more easily.  Achewood really is a celebration of the English language.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 02:35:45 pm »

I really love how I totally went into this not even thinking about cumshots in the slightest, and then -BOOM- ! There one is. Completely out of left field. And Ray's opening of "Let's just say..." kinda made my brain think for a second that he was using a euphamism, to which I thought, "Most kick-ass euphamism EVER" (and what would it be for?). By the by, who's he calling?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 02:44:30 pm »

Tomorrow: we discover that Ray is somnambulant couch-fuck.
Logged

gloomba

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 63
  • One stomp and he dies . . . . 100 PTS.
    • View Profile
Re: 5 September 2007 - Martha Stewart ain't chimin' in on that one
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 02:47:24 pm »

By the by, who's he calling?

I'm guessing Roast Beef, judging by the response about at least in this world someone had some delight for once.  And the chili beans.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up