Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Metallica would be a lot less powerful if they ended every show by reciting the ABCs.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!  (Read 6101 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2007, 08:24:21 pm »

Well, there is a strong strain in American comedy of... both gay panic and ironically commenting on gay panic.

As I have laid out here, my younger brother is sort of the master of humour based around making people uncomfortable by referencing homosexuality and the humour in that discomfort but... he definitely shares a bed with a lady on nights when he isn't sleeping alone.

Also: the Beastie Boys song "You Gotta Fight For Your Right To Party" would be awesome put through this filter.

"Check it!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2007, 08:37:03 pm »

i had a christology teacher (actual name of class at all male high school) who was completely perplexed as to why everyone at the school felt the compulsion to draw cocks everywhere and play games during mass that involved seeing who could yell p.e.n.i.s the loudest without getting in trouble. He made some speech about it in class, and later that day someone drew the most perfect pu$$y and tits on his car. he got a kick out of it, even drove home with the artwork.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2007, 08:51:06 pm »

Sort of the equivalent of hanging your kids' artwork on the fridge.  "Look at how good Jimmy's getting!  He's even got the width proportions of the labia minora to majora right!"
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2007, 08:58:20 pm »

I always fancied "Homosexual Panic" as a band name.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2007, 02:23:46 am »

As someone who came up through an all guys school when a bunch of guys are together talking about cocks and references to homosexuality are pretty common. The gay ones are the ones that don't say anything as often as they are the ones that join in too much.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2007, 02:27:00 am »

As someone who came up through an all guys school when a bunch of guys are together talking about cocks and references to homosexuality are pretty common. The gay ones are the ones that don't say anything as often as they are the ones that join in too much.
yea, much like this board, if given enough time every conversation came down to talking about cocks in some way. (Unless talking about sports or pretend sports in which case the conversation is frighteningly focused)
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2007, 03:44:47 am »

when people start talking about sports, I normally say "so! how about those Cocks?"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 7 September 2007 - My brain just told me I was done!
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2007, 03:38:53 pm »

I always fancied "Homosexual Panic" as a band name.

Perfect for a Violent Femmes tribute band actually.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up