Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone have the guts?  (Read 38751 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 12:16:21 am »

Any reason why you're doing the Australian theme?

I met an American exchange student here last semester who was stoked to show off the new Southern Cross tattoo he'd had done in Sydney.  I didn't have the heart to tell him that Southern Cross tats here are generally associated with idiotic "Aussie Pride" racists such as those seen in the Cronulla riots.

Ahh, it makes more sense now. Bogans, eh?
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 12:45:21 am »

No, I am not; I am actually in Baltimore. I just saw the link to the tattoo place off of the Achewood front page.

Also I just joined the Flickr group and noticed that someone got the rabbit ambulance tattooed on her shoulder. Was that anyone from here?

Also, oball, being a geek is awesome. Besides a video game character I've seriously contemplated getting Gödel's Incompleteness Theorems placed somewhere on my body.

I did not notice the message on the front page, so this thread was a mystery.
Quote from: Onstad
FREE Achewood tattoos (real ink, no kidding) for the duration of September - Portland, OR - contact Ximena at The Urban Soul. A service happily provided.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 12:47:03 am »

The only way I'd get a Achewood tat would be if it came with Chris spending a week at my house. And then I'd throw him out after day two. Or I'd walk around saying "No new strip today? What the hell, Chris?"
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 12:59:51 am »

Any reason why you're doing the Australian theme?

I met an American exchange student here last semester who was stoked to show off the new Southern Cross tattoo he'd had done in Sydney.  I didn't have the heart to tell him that Southern Cross tats here are generally associated with idiotic "Aussie Pride" racists such as those seen in the Cronulla riots.

My paternal grandmother was from Australia. My heritage is mostly German/Swiss, but I identify more with the Australian bit. During the Olympics, I root for the Australian teams over the American ones, and my favorite sport to watch on TV is Aussie Rules Football (which I can't get anymore... bleh).
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 01:06:52 am »

The only way I'd get a Achewood tat would be if it came with Chris spending a week at my house. And then I'd throw him out after day two. Or I'd walk around saying "No new strip today? What the hell, Chris?"

I might be game, but it would have to be something created by him, specifically for this use.   The rabmulance is neat, but I feel nothing for it. "What We Need" is also good, but I have a shirt that contains this missive.  Anything currently created feels too much like advertising.

Like, maybe I should talk to Tide and see if they'd sponser me.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 01:09:04 am »

I'm going to get the entire Cartiledge Head arc on my arms and upper back.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 01:16:47 am »

you know that picture where pat has a raging erection and hes running around in leather swinging weiners? I want to silkscreen that onto my suitemate's favorite shirt. or make a lifesize poster for his door.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 02:07:07 am »

I might be game, but it would have to be something created by him, specifically for this use.   The rabmulance is neat, but I feel nothing for it. "What We Need" is also good, but I have a shirt that contains this missive.  Anything currently created feels too much like advertising.

Like, maybe I should talk to Tide and see if they'd sponser me.

I just read yeswterday about a woman who got Goldenpalace.com tattooed on her forehead for $10,000 to finance her son's college eduaction. Nothing else to say here.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 03:10:05 am »

I just read yeswterday about a woman who got Goldenpalace.com tattooed on her forehead for $10,000 to finance her son's college eduaction. Nothing else to say here.

I read somewhere that the artists at the parlor tried their best to talk her out of it but she was determined to go through with getting it done. Pretty sad.

I'm actually slightly obsessed with really terrible tatooos. Witness the horror: http://awfultattoos.blogspot.com/

Also, I think this guy is hands down winner: http://www.wunderkraut.com/index.php/archives/2006/05/25/idiots-on-parade/
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 03:25:14 am »

my ex has this tattooed on her hip/lower stomach area.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2007, 03:26:45 am »

Kilgore, did you see my thread about the worst tramp stamp ever? That's a pretty tragic tattoo.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2007, 03:51:22 am »

I knew a dude who had the Atari logo on his shoulder (he had something else too that wasn't as good).  That's seriously bad-ass.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2007, 05:31:50 am »

That's seriously bad-ass.

No.  No it isn't.

It's pretty darn cool, but it is about as far from bad-ass as you can be.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2007, 05:47:37 am »

j'know what would be badass??
a Rebel Alliance tattoo.
or maybe
the triforce

I wish I were less serious, these are both kind of cool.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2007, 07:00:10 am »

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 07:30:47 am by AlohaDawg »
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up