Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone have the guts?  (Read 38738 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2007, 08:21:33 am »

A dude I knew who was a Marine, a biker, and a gigantic Trekkie got the Borg claw insignia tattooed on his bicep. It was a pretty good collision of interests.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2007, 03:27:28 pm »

rumjay, I had a friend with angel wings that spanned both shoulder blades and down her ribcage on both sides, which was gorgeous, but she said of all the ink she had had done (she was a work of art) the ribcage area was definitely the most painful.  Just a heads-up. 

I have a thing where I think tats are sexy but I have never been able to come up with something I could commit to long-term.  The best one I have seen in this respect is the one Pedro's best friend has on his bicep, which is a portrait based on a photograph his wife took of he and his son walking hand-in-hand on the beach when his son was 3 and they lived in Florida. 

Okay, it sounds cheesy, but it is actually really well-done.  He wants to get something similar done for his other kids and his wife but he hasn't found the right pictures yet. 

He also had a supremely bad tattoo he did himself on his ankle while he was fucked up, it was a 'shroom.  But he had it covered up with some kind of skull and snake dealie.  That one is on his calf. 

I always said I was going to get an "exit only" sign just above my tailbone, but that was mainly a joke. 

Everyone has seen the Dragon c*ck, right?  NOT SAFE FOR WORK. 

Let's take a poll, ladies (and gents, those that swing that way).  Would you let this thing come within six feet of your naughty bits?  I'm willing to bet this guy hasn't gotten a blow job since he had this done.  Who could keep a straight face? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2007, 03:33:55 pm »

Plus you'd be very disappointed when it didn't taste like a stick of rock.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2007, 05:45:00 pm »

I would basically never get a tattoo... I can't deal with pain, I can't deal with fear of infection, I would be entirely afraid that whatever idea I got put on my skin would be an idea that I no longer believed in five or six years later.

Also, I have some of the OCD, so if the thing put on my body was assymetrical, it would drive me completely fuck*ng crazy.

A small wooden cross bound together by silver strands right between my shoulder blades would be kinda nice but I reckon people would believe that... like... you know, I was heavily into Fundamentalist Christian Mystic Endtimes Bullshit instead of just really liking what The Guy had to say about things.

A small symmetrical version of the X-Men "Phoenix" logo in the same place would be equally cool but... again... people would think that it was just about being a comic book nerd as opposed to my enjoyment of the IDEA of the mythical Phoenix, just seen through the eye of American geek culture through the Phoenix logo.

Really, though, there is a heavily modified symmetrical and wordless version of the Little Falls Mets logo I have in my head that... if I had to get a tat, that's what I'd get and... again... put it right between my shoulder blades.

The idea of all the things that I associate symbolically with that baseball logo... as the dreams which freed me as a child and yet the burdens I carry from my youth as an adult... I could probably have that on my body until I fully decomposed and the meaning would always be important.

But again:

I hate needles
I'm nervous about infection
I'm ambivalent about the idea of associating myself with ritual scarification
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

rabidambulance

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 33
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2007, 06:43:42 pm »

Also I just joined the Flickr group and noticed that someone got the rabbit ambulance tattooed on her shoulder. Was that anyone from here?

I have Rabbit Ambulance on my left leg.  I think mine looks better.



(I've posted this before)
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2007, 06:20:09 am »

Everyone has seen the Dragon c*ck, right?  NOT SAFE FOR WORK. 

Let's take a poll, ladies (and gents, those that swing that way).  Would you let this thing come within six feet of your naughty bits?  I'm willing to bet this guy hasn't gotten a blow job since he had this done.  Who could keep a straight face? 

She might consider it.

The main problem would be every time he's about to cum, he probably screams "the dragon's breathing fire! The dragon's breathing fire!" Also, there's probably a lot of talk about the dragon going into his cave and depositing treasure.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Ash sez: NSFW Warning
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2007, 11:35:42 am »

Or how about this chick? http://www.capohedz.com/typebrighter/uploaded_images/pusstat-744878.jpg

And linnea/Somebody nice: Yes, I did read that thread when you posted it (I'm a recovering lurker) and was simultaneously amused and horrified.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 05:55:43 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2007, 04:26:59 pm »

Not safe for work! Not safe for work! Gaaahhh!
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2007, 07:03:30 pm »

Tattooing your heart and lungs would be pretty hardcore.

You just whip that shit out and people will gladly hand over their lunch monies.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Ash sez: NSFW Warning
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2007, 07:24:06 pm »

Or how about this chick? http://www.capohedz.com/typebrighter/uploaded_images/pusstat-744878.jpg

Clearly, this woman and the dragon wang guy are the perfect couple. 

I love when the internet comes full circle.  It's a circle of life.  And disturbing tatoos. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2007, 10:44:45 pm »

A small wooden cross bound together by silver strands right between my shoulder blades would be kinda nice but I reckon people would believe that... like... you know, I was heavily into Fundamentalist Christian Mystic Endtimes Bullshit instead of just really liking what The Guy had to say about things.

Tiny can. Intolerant people really irritate me. Some dude that I was talking to on eharmony started bashing Christianity really heavily and I got really offended. Yeah, the intolerant Christians piss me off and I hate them, but dude...you're acting just as self-righteous as they do. It was ironic that he refused to see the connection between his behavior and the people he was bashing.

I also love what The Guy had to say about things.
Logged

Morrisseys Hair

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
    • Slacker- Personalized Music
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2007, 06:47:54 am »

I already have a litany of what might be considered to be "questionable" tattoos....I have the PBS logo, the word "RENO!" in big block letters across my chest, and the logo for the long-gone band Jawbreaker, among other things. My brother has a tattoo of two neon unicorns destroying a city with laser beams across his stomach, and another tattoo of a human skull with a unicorn horn coming out of it with the word "ADVANCED" underneath.

With that being said, we are both very seriously considering taking a trip up to PDX to take advantage of this offer, provided they do quality work.

I would get a fairly predictable picture of Philippe with "HUUUUGS!" above it. My brother is considering a full tribute to the GOF.

For those of you who elect not get inked, how do those sound...from an unbiased perspective? any better ideas?

Logged
Detroit has a skyline, too.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2007, 06:53:38 am »

I'm not sure, but please inform the story behind "RENO!" Curiosity is burning me up.
Logged

Morrisseys Hair

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4
    • View Profile
    • Slacker- Personalized Music
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2007, 09:22:42 pm »

I just really like Reno. I used to live there, and contrary to popular belief, its a great city.

Logged
Detroit has a skyline, too.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone have the guts?
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2007, 09:54:51 pm »

MH, please post pics of the rest of your tattoos. I love seeing other peoples' ink and stories behind them. Also your brother's tattoos, if possible. As a huuuugs! and Philippe fan, I am heartily in favor of your tattoo proposal.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up