Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

TOUAMB: Debating the decline and fall of Chris Onstad since 2003.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 10 September 2007 - What if my junk folder is filled with actual correspondence?  (Read 5252 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun

oh, god. so good.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile

I would definitely end my life in dramatic fashion if a random person i googled never answered my email. Also, this smells of PBF.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE

I do believe this sets a new bar for the Saddest Thing... one high enough to drive a bus under.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

V-Adore

  • Guest

I dunno, there are sadder. I'm... yeah, this is kinda pseudo-PBF-y.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas

The fear that a woman we had/have a crush on was trying to contact us, gave up and has died or married or has in some other way been put in a position where she can no longer have sex with us is pretty much THE number one fear of nerdy guys, other than death, of course.

Our mothers all said that when we were older, all the girls would see what catches we were and... even if happily partnered off... we are desperately afraid that maybe the girls DO see us as catches now and that we're missing out on all kinds of crazy sex.

The paradox being that if we were ever really gonna be dudes who got all kinds of crazy sex, we were going to have to have been it when we were young, as most of the quality ladies are getting into a monogamous mode by their late twenties and...

Y'know, that's the only time a nerdy guy is ever gonna be seen as a non-crap dude, is when she's lookin' for a dude to be with for decades and so on.

That was the entire point in the first place.

We know much interior torture via this paradox and the imaginary stuffed animals nail this angst perfectly.

Ladies and men who have had a lot of crazy sex in their times will probably go "meh" to this strip.

Men who have basically only known sex in two or three monogamous relationships will love it, because it has pointed out A Truth to them.

I find myself in the second camp.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE

Thing is, the Saddest Things are usually funny.

This thing, I am struggling to find the funny.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile

I liked this one a lot.
I think sMets is right about why.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

D'oh!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile

This strip is so sad because I've nearly been in Maria_V's place before. Cruel, cruel fate!
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 10 September 2007 - What if my junk folder is filled with actual corresponde
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 06:15:52 am »

recently, I saw the film Pretty in Pink.
in it, the main lady's friend is so desperate for her recognition that he sings Try a Little Tenderness to her in a record store. She is unmoved.
At the end, he has to be a Good Guy and encourage her to date the rich football player.

if that kind of shit can't even work in movies, what hope do any of us have? I am oversimplifying the plot, probably.

WHAT HOPE DO WE fuck*ng HAVE.

um, basically the Junk Folder Hypothesis is my deepest dream.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 06:21:59 am by theinevitable »
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 10 September 2007 - What if my junk folder is filled with actual corresponde
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 06:40:38 am »

Put me in the group that thought this was an excellent strip.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 10 September 2007 - What if my junk folder is filled with actual corresponde
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 06:56:43 am »

Maybe I'm just old, but if I found that stuff in my junk e-mail folder I would be momentarily fascinated by it before coming to the correct conclusion that some crazy-ass bitch was obsessively e-mailing me and now she won't anymore and, in the long run, it's bad for her and not bad for me.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 10 September 2007 - What if my junk folder is filled with actual corresponde
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 07:10:02 am »

Maybe I'm just old, but if I found that stuff in my junk e-mail folder I would be momentarily fascinated by it before coming to the correct conclusion that some crazy-ass bitch was obsessively e-mailing me and now she won't anymore and, in the long run, it's bad for her and not bad for me.

Im young and i concur exactly. last thing i need is some batshit crazy lady threatening suicide if i dont check my email.           
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 10 September 2007 - What if my junk folder is filled with actual corresponde
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 07:15:15 am »

Im young and i concur exactly. last thing i need is some batshit crazy lady threatening suicide if i dont check my email.           

I doubt that she threatened Cornelius with suicide...I think she was just overwhelmed with despair after the multiple failures and offed herself. Of course, that's sheer speculation because we can't see the contents of the emails. But yeah, probably not the most balanced person.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up