Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Snakes in a Drink  (Read 5706 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2007, 04:56:20 pm »

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2007, 05:41:32 pm »

drinking the fermented blood and venom of an endangered poisonous snake has made it to my list of things to do before i die.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2007, 05:51:24 pm »

Quote from: A-CAP
drinking the fermented blood and venom of an endangered poisonous snake has made it to my list of things to do IMMEDIATELY before i die.

Fixed that for ya.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2007, 07:40:58 pm »

Education people.

From there: "According to Wang Fuxing, the general secretary of the Association for the Conservation of Wild Fauna in China, 'the traders exaggerate the protein qualities of snake meat, which makes the consumers seek this dish more and more in restaurants.'"

Wang Fuxing, even though I am positive you pronounce your name completely differently than I am currently doing, I think you have the best name ever.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2007, 10:17:53 pm »

I'm pretty sure it sounds like "wong foo-shing'", which still sounds sort of rad.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2007, 10:44:22 pm »

WHY IS CHINESE TRANSLITERATED IN A WAY INCONSISTENT WITH ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION!? FUCK!

I feel like Wombat answered this earlier. It just... still pisses me off.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2007, 12:42:59 am »

WHY IS CHINESE TRANSLITERATED IN A WAY INCONSISTENT WITH ENGLISH PRONUNCIATION!? FUCK!

I feel like Wombat answered this earlier. It just... still pisses me off.

Because it's all ching chong wing wong. I mean, DUH.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2007, 02:40:21 am »

OK, having occasionally and recently defended snakes on this very board, I would like to say that - especially after clicking on Paul's picture, I am quite sure that there is no place for motherfuck*ng snakes in motherfuck*ng beverages.  No matter what Wikipedia says.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2007, 10:27:22 pm »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: Snakes in a Drink
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2008, 10:07:50 pm »

Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up