Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs of 09-07  (Read 7639 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Blogs of 09-07
« on: September 14, 2007, 03:02:06 pm »

http://rbeef.blogspot.com/2007/09/crazy-nut-was-out-on-scene.html

Things Beef said that I do not understand: "blotto dude", "birthday party face", "do up a box truck on the undersides", "make an acid glance at the trans-axle". I guess I do not get Beef's inexpensive business. Maybe blotto means fat, as Beef said the guy is fat. Maybe do up a box truck on the undersides means eat a lot of food, because the guy is stoned, or is he drunk? So maybe it means throw up. Make an acid glance at the trans-axle? That could either mean do some more drugs, or steal something. But all this is just conjecture. Pretty much all the blog stuff invloving humans sounds like it actually happened to Chris, doesn't it?
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 03:05:19 pm »

"blotto dude", "birthday party face" = the man is drunk.

"Do up a box truck on the undersides", "make an acid glance at the trans-axle" = the man will find himself interacting with the underside of a motor vehicle.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 03:27:53 pm »

Ah! Thanks for the clarification.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 04:30:58 pm »

damn, Beef, way to be down on some guy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 09:38:02 pm »

I liked the re-delineation that this was a human doing the Smirnov shuffle and that Beef is a cat and that he had to call the human police on a human... because the cat police would have no jurisdiction over him and, anyway, would most likely serve to confuse him further.

Often in these stories, it is key to getting on with the funny and the weird to discard temporarily the whole "most humans do not know that stuffed animals and *****s and housecats have a parallel society" angle of these stories... it makes sense writing wise.

But I like that it is still definitely a part of the story because sometimes that complicates the stories in a good way.

Good to see they are not evolving past the premise, just putting it on the shelf when it isn't useful.

Superhero comics should do this more often, realize that everything doesn't have to make total sense, sane people get it, it's just a show, we should really just relax. Better stories would be told.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 01:42:49 am »

What I found myself wondering: are we supposed to accept this dude as really 350 pounds, or is that just illustrating how bad Beef is at guessing human weights?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 03:19:07 am »

Is 350 pounds such an unbelievable weight?

My father and both of his brothers have all been 350 or more at some point in their lives.

I would imagine Beef to have a quite accurate weight-gauge in his head as he wouldn't want to say something unless he was pretty sure of it because of Ramifications.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 04:25:49 am »

Is 350 pounds such an unbelievable weight?


Since I'm within rock throwing distance of 300, no.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 04:30:42 am »

I mean, 50 or 60 lbs is a lot.

If I were up or down 50 or 60 pounds, it would be noticeable on a high level. Realize this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 04:34:02 am »

I mean, 50 or 60 lbs is a lot.

If I were up or down 50 or 60 pounds, it would be noticeable on a high level. Realize this.

Yeah, but what do you weigh now?  80?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 04:50:19 am »

5'11", 134-137. Somewhere in there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 04:50:27 am »

Yeah, but what do you weigh now?  80?
Dont feel bad, inev, my girlfriend has the same circumference as my cat. Yes I measured.
If my cat wore skirts, they could share skirts.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 04:52:14 am »

5'11", 134-137. Somewhere in there.

Hey, I'm over twice your weight!

But it's cool, 'cause I'm three inches taller.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 05:02:41 am »

Quote
Dont feel bad, inev, my girlfriend has the same circumference as my cat. Yes I measured.
If my cat wore skirts, they could share skirts.

But, see, it is considered Positive if a girl is small. That is the difference.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 05:14:44 am »

But, see, it is considered Positive if a girl is small. That is the difference.

I (and my physician) would consider it hell of positive if I was considerably smaller.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up