Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Blogs of 09-07  (Read 7606 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 04:04:00 pm »

damn, dude, you associate "That's Gay!" with your 8 year old brother. I associate it with... my entire graduating class except my close friends. Also, some people here, as enlightened as they pretend to be.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 04:09:50 pm »

When I was in jr. high(97-98ish), it became a Thing to refer to stuff as "Jewish" rather than "gay." I'm not sure how it got started, but since we didn't have any Jewish kids at my school, it continued for awhile. Doesn't really say a whole lot about us, other than that we were stupid, which kids are pretty much supposed to be.
Logged

Drastic Action

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 29
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 194
  • Zounds!
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 04:45:20 pm »

I prefer to call stupid things communist.  Something I got from my friend.  At least it's a little less touchy.
Logged
~

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 04:50:28 pm »

I prefer to call stupid things communist.  Something I got from my friend.  At least it's a little less touchy.

My friends tend to use "republican" as the all-purpose indicator of scorn/egregiousness.

In high school "texan" was pretty popular, too.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 04:51:08 pm »

Quote from: lprkn
it became a Thing to refer to stuff as "Jewish" rather than "gay."

Interestingly, Marvel Comics finally admitted that The Thing is Jewish.

Was lapsed but recently finally got Bar Mitzied.

Which makes sense, considering he once shared a show with the Flintstones and hence was clearly born before Jesus.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 05:16:15 pm »

The Thing is Jewish, huh? What will the Yancy street gang have to say about that?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 05:59:39 pm »

When I was in jr. high(97-98ish), it became a Thing to refer to stuff as "Jewish" rather than "gay." I'm not sure how it got started, but since we didn't have any Jewish kids at my school, it continued for awhile. Doesn't really say a whole lot about us, other than that we were stupid, which kids are pretty much supposed to be.

I had a friend who did this in high school (around the same time period, maybe a little before). 

We shunned him until he stopped.  I guess that's the difference between twelve and seventeen. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 08:32:29 pm »

Likewise, a member of my circle of friends in H.S. started using a phrase such as "that teacher totally jewed me out of that grade".  Ostracism was finally effective after about 4 months.  He'd swear not to do it, lapse, get uninvited to a party, tell us we're all dicks, ask to hang out after a few weeks.  Rinse repeat.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 08:55:45 pm »

Likewise, a member of my circle of friends in H.S. started using a phrase such as "that teacher totally jewed me out of that grade".  Ostracism was finally effective after about 4 months.  He'd swear not to do it, lapse, get uninvited to a party, tell us we're all dicks, ask to hang out after a few weeks.  Rinse repeat.
As long as were being anti-semetic, i have a story:
Friend to professor Schwartz: "you totally jewed me out of those points"
Professor Schwartz: "Oh Jamie....ehh... you can't say things like that, I mean, in business...ehhh...Thats not a thing to say"
Friend: "ok... You totally Schwartzed me out of those points"
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2007, 10:02:45 pm »

In Alaska I was at a Halo party and one of the douches there said, "You totally Jewed me outta that!"

I yelled at him. Quite a lot. He was rather surprised, and got really embarrassed and apologized profusely.

After that, I was lending my Ween album to his sister, who was closer to my age. It has a song called "Reggaejunkiejew", and Steph was like, "Somebody nice, don't you find this offensive??"

"Uh, no, what?"

"I thought you were Jewish?" (pointing to "Reggaejunkiejew" track listing)

"No, Dean & Gene aren't racist or anti-Semetic, it's just a song...also, I'm not Jewish, I just get pissed at people who are racist."

My sister is a teacher, and she has laid down the law in her classroom that kids aren't allowed to say, "That's so GAY!" or Jewish or anything like that.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2007, 03:25:16 am »

Where do you stand on niggerfaggot?
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2007, 05:17:13 am »

Ween is pretty anti-pc.  Your interpretation may differ, but you know, I just mainly think they are boring and immature.


"haha we can't deall with issues so we will try to be graphic and racist.  People will interpret this as proving a point."
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2007, 05:54:15 am »

yeah, um, they are a horrible band.

the whole "anti-PC" thing makes me want to cap someone.

I got in a big argument the other day with my friend, though, over whether there are some things that I am just "not allowed to joke about" as a white male. I feel like... I am allowed to joke about whatever the fuck I want. She is allowed to get mad at me, but, joking about things is a valid form of discourse. she said that this is, obviously, my opinion only because I am and have always been in a position of power in our society. This is... probably valid? but it set off some major pissed-off reactions.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2007, 06:29:25 am »

You can joke about whatever you want, in my opinion, just don't try to sell it to me on top of average music that is almost kind of supposed to say something.

Obviously, what you joke about may be interpreted by people to make certain generalizations about you, though.  So, you know, whatever you are comfortable with.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Blogs of 09-07
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2007, 02:03:40 pm »

I got in a big argument the other day with my friend, though, over whether there are some things that I am just "not allowed to joke about" as a white male. I feel like... I am allowed to joke about whatever the fuck I want. She is allowed to get mad at me, but, joking about things is a valid form of discourse. she said that this is, obviously, my opinion only because I am and have always been in a position of power in our society. This is... probably valid? but it set off some major pissed-off reactions.

Yeah, that pisses me off too - that for a while there it was starting to look like the only people it was okay to make fun of and crack jokes about would be white, middle class males. Then people like Dave Chappelle came around, and it became okay to make fun of black people again, but only if you were black. As a member of Whitey, I'm still only allowed to make fun of my own kind. Everything else is racism, sexism, etc.

Fuck that shit.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up