Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No, Philippe! Too soon!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs  (Read 5654 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« on: September 17, 2007, 05:28:33 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=09172007

This one has an oddly, yet refreshingly, old-school feel about it.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 05:35:40 am »

Personally, I use dental thread when i floss, I do not need to supplement that. Thats all Im saying, ladies.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 05:37:37 am »

My theory that he's been writing strips based on just finding one word or another funny, lately, is advanced by this strip.

This is not to complain, I got Some Chuckles out of it but... yeah.

Dude thought "cumshot" was funny, so he did a strip about it.

Dude thought "merkin" was funny, so he did a strip about it.

Dude filled between them with some thought-flow-charts and so on.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2007, 06:05:45 am »

Let's not make this a thread about opinions on pubic hair. Okay?

Anyway, it's the "God, if he only knew..." that makes this. The rest is kinda weird, but that panel of unexpected drama -- are we going to get a Very Special Episode about Ray's merkin needs? -- clinches it.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2007, 06:15:49 am »

I do need to counteract arachnocapitalist briefly, though, Vee.

A lady completely shaved down there is weird and unnatural to me.

Trimmed a little bit so that it's not unruly, I'm fine with, but bald seems completely weird to a dude.

Do we need to pretend we're mammals in absolutely no way or something?
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Hobo Joe

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 6
    • View Profile
Re: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 06:36:55 am »

Should I be concerned that I knew what a merkin was before Ray explained it?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 06:41:29 am »

Actually, I thought everyone knew the term "merkin".

I had to even explain it to my lady and usually she knows all the weird sex stuff long before I do.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 07:04:18 am »

I, for one, did not have the pleasure of knowing what a merkin was. Thank you, Achewood.

Thank you.
Logged

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 07:25:13 am »

I love Ray's simplistic little paw in the last panel. Also, I didn't know what a merkin was, either.

Education.

LFM, when you say it looks wierd "to a dude", I can't tell if you are reffering to yourself in Achewood-style odd diction, or if you are intending to speak for all dudes. If it is the former, fine, cool. If it is the latter, however, I must kindly ask you not to speak for me (a dude), as I disagree with you %100 on this issue. Sorry to accidentally say my opinion on pubic hair, V, but I had to do it in order to get my real, main point across which was about clarifying something, and also about disclaiming LFM's statement as not mine.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 07:35:28 am »

It's cool. I'm just saying, I will split with a vigilance if it turns into This Discussion again.

To get back to the strip: the more I think about it, the less sense T dragging the merkin in the eggs makes. Doesn't he have a little more respect for food than that? Is he trying to make the worst French Toast variation in the history of the world?
Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 11:50:42 am »

I knew what a merkin was, which if anything made the strip disappointing - it couldn't live up to the heady promise of the title in my RSS reader.

Although I think the biggest problem I had was just after reading it, when I looked down and found a hair in my eggs.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 12:53:01 pm »

I'm sure that Mr. Bear not only knows exactly how bad Ray's golf game is, but has made a few dollars with the knowledge.

I think T was only pretending he was going to put it in the eggs. Like Ray says, "don't play with it" so just to mess with him Teodor pretends he's about to do the worst possible thing he can with it, just to see if Ray reacts.
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 01:09:33 pm »

Teódor is trying to mess up with Ray after Ray's dong shenanigans.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 01:38:16 pm »

I believe Pearl Jam has an EP titled "Merkin Ball."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 17 September 2007 - DO NOT drag my merkin in the breakfast eggs
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 04:26:43 pm »

ok. people.

How would you get a small wig to stay in that area. How would you do that.

also, I was delighted to find a reference to The Japanese in that wiki entry. Oh, those Japanese. I love them so.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up