Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Once you been to a few weddings, you realize ain’t nobody gives a damn if you readin’ custom vows or the 1987 “Let’s Go!” guide to Bahrain. Just use that stuff about Do/Don’t and Sickness or Health and you gonna get the job done.  -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: All Hallow's Eve  (Read 8626 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
All Hallow's Eve
« on: September 22, 2007, 04:17:29 pm »

This thread has a twofold purpose.  First, I am wondering what people do for Halloween? 

I am probably going to take Little P trick or treating and then go to a party at my sister-in-law's. 

Second, who has costume ideas? 

Little P is probably going to go as Mario -- the hottest costume of 1983!!!  Pedro is thinking of making a Power-Up and going as Powered-Up Mario (same costume, bigger size).  Or possibly Luigi.  Or perhaps something completely unrelated.  I, on the other hand, have the best Halloween costume idea *evar.*  See if you can guess who? 

I am going to dress as myself and pretend not to know anyone.  I will occasionally go into a corner and talk animatedly to an invisible person.  I will attempt to set right what once went wrong. 

Okay, that last one was a giveaway. 

What about you guys? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2007, 04:21:55 pm »

Did you ever do the costume where you were a prisoner and your belly was painted black and attached to your ankle by a chain? Because that sounded neat.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2007, 05:20:50 pm »

Nah, we didn't do anything for Halloween last time I was pregnant.  And actually it was that Pedro was the prisoner and pregnant belly and I were the ball and chain, but honestly I like your version better. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2007, 06:47:40 pm »

jl-- oh man, that is awesome. that is AWESOME.

some friends of mine are participating in "Act like a Time Traveler" day, which seems similar. But, you're being... the guy from Quantum Leap? Wikipedia tells me his name is Sam Beckett.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2007, 08:38:57 pm »

Dammit, JL, that costume is so good I want to steal it. Also, Pedro and Little P as Mario and Powered-Up Mario sounds absolutely adorable.

I have no costume ideas of my own, but I haven't really done Halloween in a big way since about sixth grade, when I stole my father's old silver vinyl jogging suit and went as a nuclear-power-plant worker. My last actual costume was three years ago, when I went as The Tiny Goat from the Gothic Archies song of the same name. ("Suicide is not an option for me!") That Halloween kinda sucked, since we missed the memo about our town having a Halloween curfew and went out after it, only to find a darkened street and confused homeowners.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 08:44:08 pm »

One year, I put on a flannel and a baseball cap with the name of a computer company, a fake gray beard... some talc to whiten my skin to a ghostly sheen... and chains of paperclips with Jar-Jar toys hanging off of it.

Many people were amused by The Ghost of George Lucas's Integrity.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 08:49:26 pm »

V, you can steal the Sam Beckett costume.  I am so in love with the idea that I want as many people as possible to use it. 

If you have an accomplice, particularly a short, cigar-smoking Italian one, you can have an Al, too.  All he has to do is tell you who people are and act like nobody else can see him, and possibly discuss the merits of other partygoers' gazongas.  Bonus points if he can actually walk through furniture.  Oh, Admiral Calavicci, when will you learn? 

Yes, I own the complete series on DVD.  And the theme song is my cell phone ringtone.  I *heart* Scott Bakula.  *swoon*
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 08:57:31 pm »

You could add two-dollar plastic vampire fangs to your Sam Beckett costume and go as "Count Bakula".

I... I am just saying.

It is an idea.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 08:57:53 pm »

I am debating being The Freshman for halloween.
the costume would consist of:
High School "Seniors 06" T-shirt
School ID and room key on lanyard
possibly something else clever I haven't thought of yet. maybe I would be carrying a map?

last year I didn't see anyone dressed up. Except my friend in my Arabic class, who dressed up in a banana suit.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 08:59:59 pm »

I am the king of the lazy costume, though.

"The Unabomber" is the second-easiest costume ever.

The first was when I put on khaki ##### and a beige shirt and claimed to be "a sand dune".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 09:18:36 pm »

I'm not really sure how to act like I am attempting to set right what once went wrong, but now I want to do that.

All I know is, I do hope each time that my next Leap will be the Leap home.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 09:21:01 pm »

I am debating being The Freshman for halloween.
the costume would consist of:
High School "Seniors 06" T-shirt
School ID and room key on lanyard
possibly something else clever I haven't thought of yet. maybe I would be carrying a map?

last year I didn't see anyone dressed up. Except my friend in my Arabic class, who dressed up in a banana suit.

Probably the defining characteristic at my school was the lack of duck boots. In the mailing for what to bring to school it recommends them saying, "no, really. Everybody has a pair." But all of the first-years think it's crazy because they're so ugly and don't actually buy any. Until fall reading days when they all realized, holy crap I really do need some, and yes, everybody does have a pair but me.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 09:28:52 pm »

Carry around a can/bottle/box of whatever it is the frosh drink on your campus. (At Williams, the favorite was Steel Reserve High-Gravity Lager, which always sounded like a beer for asteroid miners.)
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 09:38:12 pm »

the frosh drink here is "whatever they have at the frats" or "whatever some kid will buy us." Maybe Natty Light or Keystone?

we have/had a kid who is 22 on our floor, and so we have a wide variety of beverages.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: All Hallow's Eve
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2007, 03:06:18 am »

I'm not really sure how to act like I am attempting to set right what once went wrong, but now I want to do that.

Keep everyone from eating the crab dip. 

"I can't explain it, Daniel, but...you just have to trust me.  I know it must sound...crazy...but...that crab dip...it will ruin your life.  Don't ask me how I know...I just...know." 

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up