Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Chris Onstad does not wear makeup. Life hasn't given him any funny ideas about who he is.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Radiohead- In Rainbows  (Read 4597 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Radiohead- In Rainbows
« on: October 10, 2007, 06:22:22 am »

I am sure at least some of you know about Radiohead's new album, which is being released by them, over the internet, for whatever you would like to pay.  It is at inrainbows.com.  So, I guess, what is your reaction to this and the album.  Also, how much did you give.  I gave 2.50 pounds, or around five dollars.  I wanted to give alot because I think this is cool, even though I am not a huge Radiohead fan these days, but, as long as they make $1.50 per order they will come out even with if they would have done the normal thing, assuming they sell as much as they otherwise would.  I forgot to say that I didn't pay a lot, but wanted to, that is what i didn't get across.


It was just released about an hour ago and I am waiting to pay, so I haven't heard it yet.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 08:27:45 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Radiohead
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 06:32:22 am »

Radiohead have made a record. I paid the same as you.... now website... MAKE WITH THE MUSIC
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Radiohead
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 07:00:54 am »

hmm.

multiple people IMed me during my radio show asking if I would be playing the new album in its entirety (??). just now, walking across a quad at almost 2 AM, a kid yelled my name across the quad-- just to call me over and ask if I had heard it. he was shocked and appalled when I said no. Apparently I'm supposed to be a Radiohead fan?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Radiohead- In Rainbows
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 08:28:35 am »

It is okay- way better than I anticipated, but really, really mellow for a Radiohead album.  More listens will be needed.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Radiohead
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2007, 08:33:08 am »

Apparently I'm supposed to be a Radiohead fan?

And why not?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Radiohead- In Rainbows
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2007, 11:50:22 am »

It is okay- way better than I anticipated, but really, really mellow for a Radiohead album.

Ok now don't tease...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Radiohead- In Rainbows
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2007, 01:26:16 pm »

Ok now don't tease...

I was expecting it to be really bad.  All of my favorite bands have been releasing progressively shittier albums.  I thought this was going to be Radiohead's "At War With the Mystics" or the one that I would not be able to listen to, at all.  Other examples include SFA's last two albums, Modest penis, Spiritualized, and Wilco's last two.  These were all bands that were THE BEST BANDS EVER to me 4 years ago (with Radiohead being number 1) and that I now like but not really any of the material that they have released during these last four years.  Hail to the Thief was like SFA's Phantom Power, really good songs and also songs that made me think they were slipping (which SFA did).  This isn't the greatest thing they have done, but it is pretty good.  Not so urgent is maybe the way I would compare it between their others,

Plus, you can have the album for free in less than five minutes legally--there shouldn't be time to tease.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Radiohead- In Rainbows
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2007, 05:45:07 pm »

I thought this was going to be Radiohead's "At War With the Mystics" or the one that I would not be able to listen to, at all.

Off-topic: I've had a copy of "At War With the Mystics" sitting around, unlistened-to, since shortly after its release. I'm a little afraid of it, and I kind of want to spend my effort on "Soft Bulletin" instead, which isn't new to me but I know will satisfy. Please reassure me that I will ever listen to this album?
Logged

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Radiohead- In Rainbows
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 08:12:45 pm »

I felt that way about At War With the Mystics for a while.

Now I love it.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Radiohead- In Rainbows
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2007, 11:14:39 pm »

my opinion of At War with the Mystics: Egh.
my opinion of Soft Bulletin: Egh.

Transmissions from the Satellite Heart or In a Priest-Driven Ambulance, por favor.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Radiohead- In Rainbows
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2007, 11:56:51 pm »

There's a word for "In Rainbows": "Nondes-fuck*ng-cript". You may call me simplistic, but these dudes are just afraid to rock...
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Radiohead- In Rainbows
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 01:24:27 am »

Yeah, it's okay, but not great.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Radiohead- In Rainbows
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 05:10:03 pm »

I stole a few songs off the wub for evaluation purposes.  Radiohead are great at coming up with unique sounds and smearing them all over things that barely qualify as songs. 

Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Radiohead- In Rainbows
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2008, 01:26:03 pm »

The second disc, available only with the $80 boxed set (or for free on the internet) is much better than the actual album. B-sides FTW.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Radiohead- In Rainbows
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2008, 09:36:06 pm »

ha, I just got that a couple days ago (kinda forgot to download it) and you are right.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up