Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 11 October 2007 - Promise not to upset the bread  (Read 5527 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 11 October 2007 - Promise not to upset the bread
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2007, 11:57:51 pm »

I don't even want to look at Argentina.  Things are...bad...there. 

My consolation?  I only married into that culture.  I'm not really one of them. 

Then again, I don't really want to look at Poland, either. 

FOR ASHERDAN: I AM MENTALLY LICKING INEV'S EARLOBE AS I WRITE THIS

IS THIS ENTERTAINING

DOES IT MAKE YOU LAUGH
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 11 October 2007 - Promise not to upset the bread
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2007, 12:01:19 am »

um, that is my ear you have there.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 11 October 2007 - Promise not to upset the bread
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2007, 12:06:52 am »

I am not making out with Mike, no way. I'd probably catch some commie brain parasite.

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 11 October 2007 - Promise not to upset the bread
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2007, 12:07:44 am »

OH NO INEV PLEASE DON'T GRAB MY BOOBIE

WHAT WOULD PEDRO SAY

WHAT'S THAT PEDRO?  YOU WANT TO WATCH

WELL OKAY THEN

when the hell did I turn into motherfuck*ng BLISTER? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 11 October 2007 - Promise not to upset the bread
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2007, 02:47:58 am »

I was talking to a chinese post-doc in my lab the other day about how their government works, they obviously don't vote on a national scale but apparently local officials are elected. It got me to wondering if our system of government wouldn't work better if we just had one major party but still elected the individuals that made it up, wondered if it would result in more voting for issues and individuals rather than blind party-following. Places like japan kind of have this by dint of one party being crazy-powerful.

Oh I mean SLURPGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEURGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 11 October 2007 - Promise not to upset the bread
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2007, 03:00:28 am »

I was talking to a chinese post-doc in my lab the other day about how their government works, they obviously don't vote on a national scale but apparently local officials are elected. It got me to wondering if our system of government wouldn't work better if we just had one major party but still elected the individuals that made it up, wondered if it would result in more voting for issues and individuals rather than blind party-following. Places like japan kind of have this by dint of one party being crazy-powerful.

Oh I mean SLURPGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEURGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

The problem with that is, you'd just be voting on whether you want the torturarium painted blue or painted yellow, whereas with the American system, you actually get to choose between evil and incompetence.

Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 11 October 2007 - Promise not to upset the bread
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2007, 03:09:05 am »

what, JL!? I would never grab your boobie! I don't grab, I caress.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 11 October 2007 - Promise not to upset the bread
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2007, 03:10:02 am »

I was talking to a chinese post-doc in my lab the other day about how their government works, they obviously don't vote on a national scale but apparently local officials are elected. It got me to wondering if our system of government wouldn't work better if we just had one major party but still elected the individuals that made it up, wondered if it would result in more voting for issues and individuals rather than blind party-following. Places like japan kind of have this by dint of one party being crazy-powerful.

Oh I mean SLURPGOBBLEGOBBLEGOBBLEURGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
On this note I feel it acceptable to announce that a friend of mine and I are working a paper for publication about how a betting system of voting would work. Where the voters have direct financial interest in who wins the election, like in a hoss race. Its not meant to be taken seriously, but rather a thought experiment. We also presented a paper on how voting in a democracy could work like voting for MVP in sports, where whoever wins the most head to head competitions would win. As in, you would compare each candidate to the other and whoever had the most "points" at the end would win the election. The result is that every voter could say "well at least Mr.X didn't win". Democracy in the U.S. is, after all, a compromise on most fronts.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 11 October 2007 - Promise not to upset the bread
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2007, 03:51:24 am »

Massage.

In a firm yet gentle yet completely platonic kinda way.

Y'know, like two vikings.

Two vikings just firmly massaging each others buttocks, so secure in their viking friendship that there's nothing sexual about it. Like two vikings.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: 11 October 2007 - Promise not to upset the bread
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2007, 06:58:00 pm »

DO NOT UPSET THE BREAD, PEOPLE!
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 11 October 2007 - Promise not to upset the bread
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2007, 07:06:49 pm »

Did you go down to the precinct to chat with salinapd??

It's all explained here.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up