Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!  (Read 5303 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 07:17:21 pm »

Damn, Cort.  How many times did you re-read Dune?

I've read Dune 3 times total. The others just once.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 08:12:31 pm »

Jebus. Did Pedro have prana bindu training as a child as well? Does he have The Voice?

Nothing that a box and a gom jabbar coudn't solve.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 11:40:10 pm »

I am so glad somebody else said something so that I didn't have to admit I didn't get Cort's reference. 

Oh, wait...

Yeah, so I exaggerated a little, but he is really amazing when it comes to figuring people out.  Like nothing I've ever seen. 

And to bring this back sort of on topic, he thinks Salma Hayak is hot, too. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2007, 11:43:37 pm »

I'm really good at reading people and situations myself but... it's not immediate for me like that.

It's something that I have to do for ten or fifteen minutes to put all the pieces together, like a crossword puzzle, bit by bit, becoming clearer and clearer as I get the little pieces together into a larger picture of meaning. Cross-referencing the logic, the rhythm of the clues and eventually having the grid filled in.

I love people watching. People watching is the only way to have the building blocks of story other than writing about yourself.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2007, 11:47:34 pm »

people watching is something I enjoy.

But, you know. Mostly chicks.


last friday, a couple of my friends came over to watch a movie... and one of them went on a thing about how she feels really awkward because her roommate is in the process of coming out... and she doesn't think her roommate knows that she knows?
and I said "oh, Martha?"
"what!"
"um, your roommate Martha. She's a lesbian, right?"
"but... but... yes! she is! that's... wow."

I feel like it was pretty obvious, though. I mean... the average guy probably would have picked her out of a lineup as the one who would be a lesbian.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 01:07:09 am »

Everybody knows we are all just forty-five year old obese men who live with their mothers and create elaborate backstories for entirely implausible characters that we roleplay in order to escape from our otherwise soul-stifling and mundane existences.

I do not live with my Mother.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 07:21:25 am »

I am not forty-five.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 07:02:31 pm »

My backstory isn't elaborate.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 07:05:35 pm »

My backstory is hella elaborate but I don't live with my mother.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2007, 07:18:21 pm »

I'm really a dark elf pretending to live in your human world.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2007, 07:21:45 pm »

I'm a dog.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 08:30:08 pm »

I'm a dog.

I don't think anybody knew that.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2007, 04:27:34 pm »

I'm a dog.
I don't think anybody knew that.
I did. "The bulbous, yet tapered" thing was a dead giveaway.  Plus the leg-humping.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2007, 06:34:57 pm »

I'm a dog.
I don't think anybody knew that.
I did. "The bulbous, yet tapered" thing was a dead giveaway.  Plus the leg-humping.


Damn! But the whole point of the internet is that no one knows you are a dog!

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 12 October 2007 - It's acting mania day!
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2007, 10:47:31 pm »

I don't think anybody knew that.


Damn! But the whole point of the internet is that no one knows you are a dog!



Then he should have made those images on his FaceBook page private!  Think of the consequences!

Edit: You know, finding the right hyperlink for that phrase was perilous work.  The pictures themselves racy! are pretty innocuous, but the pages they get embedded into...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 11:04:21 pm by jaydub »
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up