Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do not bone your neighbor's wife. That is hella lame.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise  (Read 8093 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« on: October 29, 2007, 06:09:31 am »

Link.

OK, that Snoop Dogg bit is kind of disturbing.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 06:25:21 am »

oh lord. oh lord.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 06:33:53 am »

If only we, the each of us, could have a personal Peter Gabriel who would handle all the serious matters in lieu of our efforts toward those ends. Save that energy for more important things like writing the Great American Novel... and even then...

Peter Gabriel would give us each a copy of "Cat's Cradle" and show us that this thing had been already done, leaving us to accomplish whatever the hell we want to and sell it by the pound. Write a novel about the wasted greatness of America, instead, perhaps.

And never never never use Snoop Dogg's c*ck to dry us off after a car wash.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 07:17:55 am »

I do not want to know what the rollers in Snoop Dog's car wash are made of.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 07:28:15 am »

That eat plants your parents despise line is classic.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2007, 01:00:19 pm »

If only we, the each of us, could have a personal Peter Gabriel who would handle all the serious matters in lieu of our efforts toward those ends.

"Oh, man... did I remember to lock the door?  Ah - Peter will take care of that."

"Oh damn... did I turn the oven off?  No worries - Peter always checks to make sure it's off."

"Did I take my pills this morning?  Nope.  Oh well - I'll just call Peter and he'll bring them buy my office with a nice glass of water to take them with."

Then the one day Peter's off making out with Sinead O'Connor I get hit by a car.  And who do I blame?  Certainly not me.  Where the hell was Peter?

(That reminds me, I really did forget to take my pills this morning... Peter Gabriel, where are you when I need you?)
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2007, 01:09:40 pm »

Philippe always wondered if he was fantastic. Luckily now he knows. I wish Mr. Bear would confirm my fantasitiosity.
Logged

ryanpeq

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 05:18:13 pm »

Am I wrong in inferring that we pretty much just got a nice play by play of Mr. Bear's life up until now?
Logged

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 05:20:04 pm »

Yeah, I loved this one all over. Philippe has a wonderfully awed-child expression on panel 3. Also, to stop considering writing seriously just because some vague yearning for complete originality was destroyed... shame on you mr Bear, shame on you.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 05:54:37 pm by dejavroom »
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 05:37:17 pm »

Quote from: ryanpeq
Am I wrong in inferring that we pretty much just got a nice play by play of Mr. Bear's life up until now?

Well, he didn't mention the "jazz cigarettes"... which is the coolest term for marijuana ever and, also, since he's old was probably the term when he sparked 'em up.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 06:15:21 pm »

Musicians i want to shower with: Fiona apple, ani difranco, jessica simpson
Musicians i never want to shower with: 50 cent and the G unit, Bob Dylan, George Michael
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 06:39:35 pm »

Musicians i never want to shower with: 50 cent and the G unit, Bob Dylan, George Michael

Oh god is there some way to wash my mind out with soap and get rid of these images?

I'm just thankful I don't know who "the G unit" is.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 07:40:55 pm »

Musicians i want to shower with: Fiona apple, ani difranco, jessica simpson
Musicians i never want to shower with: 50 cent and the G unit, Bob Dylan, George Michael

I think that your definition of "musician" may be slightly different than mine.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 08:03:57 pm »

Quote
Musicians i want to shower with: Fiona apple, ani difranco, jessica simpson

seriously? what?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 29 Oct 2007 - Eat plants that your parents despise
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 08:07:51 pm »

seriously? what?

We would make the sweetest of music. In the shower.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up