Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT  (Read 4081 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« on: November 01, 2007, 11:32:13 am »

Oh man.

So many potential thread titles in this one.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 12:13:58 pm »

Wow, Little Onstad got three of those in her Halloween loot bag? Sounds like Mr. Onstad made three very angry calls from the privacy of Daddy's Office so the little shaver couldn't hear.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 12:24:46 pm »

On the one hand I really like Phillipe's ridiculous expressions in this one but maybe they're too much? Not sure.
I am frightened that people do this though, is nothing sacred?
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 01:43:55 pm »

Wow, Little Onstad got three of those in her Halloween loot bag?

On the one hand, obnoxious business cards.
On the other hand, three full-size candy bars.
That's a mixed blessing, there.

My kids got plenty o' candy last night.  We could have easily gotten more, but we kept it on our block.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Popegeorgeringo

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 02:25:38 pm »

My favorite part of halloween is after the neighborhood kids have worked the block; car loads of immigrant families show up to work the street.  These kids are the most excited about the holiday.  I am happy to double the per kid haul for the little Mexican princesses and vampires. 
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 02:27:53 pm »

Quote from: Doc
On the one hand I really like Phillipe's ridiculous expressions in this one but maybe they're too much? Not sure.

Nope. Phillipe making the lemon face and the weird little fist is pretty much perfect.

A+++, would read again!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 02:30:18 pm »

People actually do this? That's horrifying. I guess you could use their card to fill out one of those "win a boat" scam contest cards that they have in places like Subway.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 05:52:14 pm »

People actually do that?  Thank you T for your righteous indignation.

In my neighborhood they ain't no white kids on the street, only the little immigrants.  The white kids are all down at the fall festival or whatever.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 05:56:05 pm »

I'm just going to believe that Onstad made this up. It's too horrible otherwise.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2007, 06:32:15 pm »

I used to make expressions like Philippe's when my father would start screaming in traffic, so the expressions work for me. I also like the implication that even when T requests to speak to "THE PIECE OF SHIT THAT IS DANGLING FROM THE WORLD'S ASSHOLE," the receptionist apparently forwards his calls on. Maybe Tomino gets a lot of calls like that.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2007, 08:32:44 pm »

To be fair, though, anyone so ridiculously fuck*ng desperate/soulless/greedy as to pull that sort of stunt with holiday candy is probably running a one-man show. Probably either doesn't have a receptionist or answers his phone in a falsetto so as to create the illusion of one.

Y'know, maybe he's in a place of Glengarry Glenross desperation?

Maybe he's so greedy that he won't pay for one?

Maybe he wants to sound down to Earth and "edgy" by answering his own line?

Some goddamn douchebag reason like that.

I mean, if he's doing that with candy, man, it's only logical.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 09:00:44 pm »

Y'know, maybe he's in a place of Glengarry Glenross desperation?

Put that Halloween candy down!  Halloween candy is for closers!
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2007, 09:29:00 pm »

SNICKERS ARE FOR CLOSERS!
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2007, 09:36:45 pm »

God bless the entrepreneurial spirit and all, but I think the people pulling this stunt are wasting their time. For one, most kids are just gonna toss it with the wrapper, two parents who do see it are unlikely to be in the immediate need of the service and unwilling to file it away somewhere, and three he risks alienating neighbors as potential customers. Nice try, but not well thought through.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 12:49:37 am »

I'm not buying a home with the help of anyone who ain't got enough juice to go have custom wrappers made.

As an aside, Real Estate is a weird world.   In the adult Web2.0 website world, where everyone hides their employer and all of their personal details, Real Estate agents are the ones that are up front. "We are looking for couples to have sex with, we would also like to show you some nice properties that just came on the market.  We are pleased to be your naked, sweaty, Century21 agents.  The gold blazer is largely ceremonial, but we'll wear it if that's your thing."
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up