Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Today's Kim Jong-il Fact™: North Korean state media reports that Kim routinely shoots three or four holes-in-one per round. (Wikipedia)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT  (Read 4068 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 12:50:17 am »

wait, what?

real estate agents have sex with people?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 12:55:48 am »

Usually with other real estate agents.  At least, that's what happened in American Beauty.

The two questions I've always wanted to ask are:  Why are real estate agents so enamored of putting their own faces on everything--ads, business cards, trucks, etc.?  And why do they insist on calling them "homes" when they're the only ones who do so?  The rest of us say "I just bought a house."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 12:57:30 am »

It's simple.  They sell love.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 01:26:05 am »

Actually, they sell like.

Like but not well-like.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2007, 01:38:34 am »

I have a crush on a local real-estate agent. I'm sure she is a nice lady who would never do what John Tomino did.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2007, 04:48:24 am »

I have a crush on a local real-estate agent. I'm sure she is a nice lady who would never do what John Tomino did.

"Don't do what John Tomino does" is a basic tenet all should follow.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2007, 05:45:54 am »

I really don't see how this is any different than Willy Wonka, whom everyone loves and adores. Realtor tapes his business card to a chocolate bar as an advertisement. Crazy man in purple hat stuffs a gold ticket in his chocolate bar wrapping as a marketing ploy. Same deal.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2007, 06:09:23 am »

um, Willy Wonka makes the chocolate bars though.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Bimmicus

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 32
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 186
  • Rotten Bastard
    • View Profile
    • SPLUNGE
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2007, 06:17:19 am »

Why does every strip read like a guest strip lately? I'm not feein' the love.
Logged
you can't spank the monkey if he's on your back

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2007, 06:41:47 am »

um, Willy Wonka makes the chocolate bars though.

Does he, though? Does he really?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2007, 07:03:55 am »

Also, Willy Wonka is offering a giant prize with those golden tickets.

If one of those candy bars actually, like, won a house?

I would be 67% less offended.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2007, 04:16:31 pm »

Obviously I am being facetious about the Willy Wonka thing, but the point remains: we are always, always the victims of some type of marketing.

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2007, 06:29:59 pm »

I had just finished listening to 222 when I read this strip, so I ended up imagining Téodor delivering the verbal beatdown in Patton Oswalt's voice.

Obviously I am being facetious about the Willy Wonka thing, but the point remains: we are always, always the victims of some type of marketing.

Well yeah, but I don't see any way of avoiding that sort of thing in a world where goods and services are offered. I don't know about you, but I sure do love me some goods and services.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2007, 09:55:12 pm »

Our landlord has been attempting to sell the house we live in for five and a half months now. As far as I'm concerned, all real estate agents can boil in a bucket of gypsy shit.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: 1 Nov 2007 - I HOPE YOU BOIL IN A BUCKET OF GYPSY SHIT
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2007, 02:28:30 am »

I sign the helpful realtors in my mailbox up for the 'make money in real estate' seminars that are also in my mailbox.  I figure I'm connecting two markets and helping society grow.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up