Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

It sounds to me like you haven't read the Sex Rulebook! The first rule of Sex is that everybody can always get it on. Man, go for it! Awesome! Awesome! -=RAY=-

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007  (Read 6284 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« on: November 06, 2007, 01:45:20 pm »

Beef buys a boat, and there's a new bacon blog.

Personally I think the highlight of Beef's post was "I am not a guy who has a boat but I guess we all got to come to terms with my having a boat now."  I am not so fond of the bacon blogs, but then I guess I'd rather be eating bacon than reading about it.  Also, I must admit to a certain degree of surprise that the bacon of the month club is an actual thing.  Truth stranger than fiction and all that.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 04:01:28 pm »

My guess is that, based upon the snippet of back-story we have,  Molly will have a primal, deep-seated aversion to boats in general.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 04:03:21 pm »

Oh, good call, Aug. And see, it makes sense because nothing works out for Roast Beef, not even buying a boat to have sex in.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 04:17:56 pm »

Hang on - you can mail order fancy weed?  When did America suddenly become civilized?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 05:08:25 pm »

Quote
...I think I bought the boat because I imagined Molly and me having sex in the bed.

I wonder how many boats are bought for exactly this reason.

Also, I think that mail order weed combined with mail order bacon could be a fortuitous arrangement.
Logged

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 05:09:33 pm »

Also, I think that mail order weed combined with mail order bacon could be a fortuitous arrangement.
Wake and bake...and bacon.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 05:18:24 pm »

Quote
...I think I bought the boat because I imagined Molly and me having sex in the bed.

people, this sounds like a pretty good arrangement. I realized yesterday that i can hear my roommates belch in their rooms with the door closed.

what I'm saying is, now that the roommate in the room right against my wall is dating a horrible annoying girl that I hate, I'm thinking about buying a boat.
Or, you know, finding the loudest, most obnoxious girl ever to have sex with, and fuck*ng against our shared wall?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2007, 05:28:52 pm »

people, this sounds like a pretty good arrangement. I realized yesterday that i can hear my roommates belch in their rooms with the door closed.

what I'm saying is, now that the roommate in the room right against my wall is dating a horrible annoying girl that I hate, I'm thinking about buying a boat.
Or, you know, finding the loudest, most obnoxious girl ever to have sex with, and fuck*ng against our shared wall?

If you're going to do it, go all the way.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 07:24:09 pm »

dude, I mean... that isn't even necessary.

at the same time, a preemptive "shock and awe" type strike would be effective... and the reflector would keep my other 2 roommates from hearing as much...

although I would sometimes set it up in the opposite direction, and play my guitar at 7 in the fuck*ng morning at the other side.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 08:15:04 pm »

In my first apartment we shared a wall with a guy who kept his AIM volume like all the way up. The only other sounds we ever heard coming from his apartment were from his guitar. He played it at all times of day, but he only played the first few measures of one Metallica song. Why would you even own a guitar if you're only going to play the beginning of one song 5 or 6 times a day? I can't even wrap my head around it.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 12:46:45 am »

The only thing that bacon could ever possibly need to go with it is... a drizzle of maple syrup.

But only if it's real-ass Vermont-upstateNY-Canada type maple syrup.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 06:18:24 pm »

Wow.  Pat has an Australian cousin.  Who knew?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 02:07:27 pm »

I gotta say I'm kind of glad that we're done with Soytopia updates. For some reason I wasn't really digging on that storyline.

Philippe's entry was basically like treasure. Beef knows nervousness and T listens to Rocket Man to calm down.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 02:44:14 pm »

Is there really such a thing as pickled chorizo?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Remember, remember, the blogs of November 2007
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 02:54:52 pm »

Well a chorizo is a kind of sausage so it seems reasonable that one might pickle it.

I'm.... happy (I guess?), that Teodore was so traumatised. It seems like the wrong word to use the word happy but it entertains me so.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up