Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1  (Read 5038 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« on: November 06, 2007, 09:24:09 pm »

So, after a second look at the baby via ultrasound, my OBGYN has determined that I am carrying, in his words, "100% definitely a chick." 

I knew it.  I've been dreaming for weeks that "Robbie" turned out to be a girl after all.  Repeatedly since the first ultrasound, and several times prior to being told she was a boy.  In fact, the day I found out I was pregnant I went on record as expecting to have a girl. 

I feel vindicated, and also a little bit destabilized.  I had just gotten used to the idea of having two boys, and here I am having to revert to "girl" mode. 

It's a little scary, actually.  I mean, boys I can handle.  Girls are a different species altogether. 

Anyway, here's the pic.  She's got her little arm flexed like Somebody nice the Riveter. 

She's so my daughter. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 10:09:19 pm »

No pic was linked! We are left cold and barren on the pic-less wastes!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 10:40:06 pm »

So what are you going to name her? Here are some suggestions:

1. Keith Hernandez
2. LittleFallsMets
3. Jough

I think you can't go wrong wither any choice.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 11:18:18 pm »

Yay girls!  Congratulations!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 11:34:03 pm »

Congratuawesomes!

As I am (hopefully) nowhere near parenthood yet, I have not really put all that much thought into the differences between raising a man-child or a woman-child but... upon reflection... they are pretty different experiences.

Not at first, I suppose, but definitely as the days move slow and the years go flying by.

I always thought "Phil Collins" was a good name for a girl but, then, I'm weird.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 11:52:00 pm »

I have already said this through IM, but yayyyy girl-baby!
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2007, 11:58:59 pm »

Yipe. 

Here's the pic. 

Wish I could write more, but my son's been making me crazy all day.  More later. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2007, 12:09:11 am »

Ill take your word for it that the rorschach nebula is a girl/human. Congratulations.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2007, 12:38:35 am »

That is a wonderfully beautiful little chest-burster you've got there. Major Congrats!

My figuring on male vs. female spawn is that females are preferable from about 4 to 10 and males are preferable from 10 to maybe 14. Before and after that they are all kind of irritating.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2007, 02:20:22 am »

Nawwwwwwwww, girls are cool.  You have done well with "Elizabeth."  I suggest calling her Lizzie Liz Liz Elizabeth Liz Lizardine Lurleen Lumpkin.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2007, 03:55:11 am »

Daughters rock so hard I had two!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2007, 03:56:45 am »

She will be your Hero; she is a mighty little lady.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2007, 05:06:25 am »

She will be your Hero; she is a mighty little lady.
Call her Athena.  I've known two real life Athenas, and they rocked hard.  Its a name worth living up to.  If you want to geek out, you could spell it Aθena.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2007, 06:45:14 am »

To the frustration of Roman keyboards everywhere.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Technology: 0 Women's Intuition: 1
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 06:50:27 am »

  If you want to geek out, you could spell it Aθena.

Too far Jaydub.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up