Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Do you love saying "Canadian bacon"?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Mario Galaxies  (Read 4935 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Super Mario Galaxies
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2007, 06:24:26 pm »

I have just ordered myself a 32 inch Samsung HDTV. Not the biggest, but it's perfect size for my new apartment. Now that I've moved away from The Family's house, I'll finally be able to play videogames again. Exciting!

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Galaxies
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 04:28:27 am »

I'm pretty sure the box is a misprint.

The proper plural is "Super Marios Galaxy", this is similar to Surgeons General.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Galaxies
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2007, 05:31:58 am »

Well, having bought the game for the SO as an anniversary gifts a couple weeks ago ("it's romantic because we can play together - can I be your star catcher?") I can tell you there are at least two different variety of different Marios - the best being Bee Mario.  So damn cute.  So the plural is likely an error, but who knows.  Also, it is awesome and so fun.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Galaxies
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 05:33:12 am »

Yes, Bee Mario is amazing.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Super Mario Galaxies
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 09:04:44 am »

Quote
The proper plural is "Super Marios Galaxy", this is similar to Surgeons General.

There is no way that either of those can be correct. That is so unnecessarily awkward and ugly sounding.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Super Mario Galaxies
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2007, 10:46:46 am »

I got the game the day it came out, and it is an amazing game - possibly the best action game of all time - but the initial game is just too easy.  The levels in Mario 64 required deep exploration and they never got boring.  This game is afraid to go in depth and challange you like previous Mario games have.  I'm pretty dissapointed on that front.
Logged
ACHIEVE

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Galaxies
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2007, 02:02:21 pm »

I'm pretty sure the box is a misprint.

The proper plural is "Super Marios Galaxy", this is similar to Surgeons General.

Depends if you have multiple Marios or multiple Galaxies. 

This game has both. 

It is also multiply super. 

So technically, I think it should be Supers Marios Galaxies. 

Which sounds entirely too Japanese for Western markets. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Super Mario Galaxies
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2007, 02:17:13 pm »

Also, because the Marios technically conquer the various Galaxies, like as in they rule them, it could become possessive plural:  Supers Marios' Galaxies.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up