Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.  (Read 6783 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2007, 09:43:33 pm »

I already believed it man.  Fuck.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2007, 11:40:42 pm »

In my high school, which was one of the highest ranked public schools in the state in the richest suburb of the state (this is OK, so neither of those are that impressive) in English Lit senior year I watched Shrek and Lord of the Rings. 

I just became very confused reading this because I had been thinking that Keith was about my age and it seemed preposterous to me that anyone anywhere near my age could possibly have watched these films in high school. 

Then I clicked his profile and found out he's only 22 and realized that I must be incredibly old and out of touch because I still think of Shrek and LotR as "new" films, even though both of them have multiple sequels. 

Then again, I still think of The Lion King as part of the "New Disney," so maybe this should not come as such a surprise. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2007, 12:07:05 am »

I just became very confused reading this because I had been thinking that Keith was about my age and it seemed preposterous to me that anyone anywhere near my age could possibly have watched these films in high school. 

Then I clicked his profile and found out he's only 22 and realized that I must be incredibly old and out of touch because I still think of Shrek and LotR as "new" films, even though both of them have multiple sequels. 

Then again, I still think of The Lion King as part of the "New Disney," so maybe this should not come as such a surprise. 

<sigh> They say 50 is the new 30. I'm starting to think the reverse is true, as well.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2007, 02:25:22 am »

We're old, jayelle, but at least we're hot.

Must count for something.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2007, 02:32:37 am »

If it means anything to you geezers, I am wasting away my youth doing drugs, going to loud concerts, being poor, having absolutely no responsibility and having uncommitted sex.

Oh, uh, nevermind.

(i am lying unfortunately.  Well, kind of, but I have to do other stuff too. Like waste precious weekends writing shit ass papers.  Luckily I can party everyday of the week that I have time/money.  That is the best part of being young, as far as I see it.  Of course, the only reason I have to waste weekends is because I am a horrible procrastinator, so, if I were smarter I could party everyday.)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 02:37:44 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2007, 02:37:32 am »

yesterday, a lady I am interested in reminisced with her roommates about how they smoked pot every single day of sophomore year. I wasn't sure whether I was supposed to be put off or impressed.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2007, 02:39:02 am »

I don't want to put you off or impress you, but, I am going on, uh, year six of that plan.  It is starting to get old.  (i am lying again)
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2007, 02:42:05 am »

damn, dude.

I just realized that... those girls are your age. Weird.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2007, 02:46:08 am »

Aren't you basically my age?  I mean, if you are in college and not a freshmen I basically consider you to be "my age."
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2007, 02:47:06 am »

They say 50 is the new 30.

Seriously? What a relief.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2007, 02:47:23 am »

yeah. I mean. I'm 19. 22 seems a lot more grown-up.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2007, 02:56:40 am »

Yeah, some people I know are all getting ready to be bankers at the beginning of the year and stuff, I don't understand that.  I guess there is a difference.  Ironically the guy who is most looking forward to growing up showed up at my apartment everyday in the summer between 2-3 pm with a Keystone Light or other shit beer in his hand.  Then we walked to work after he got drunk enough.  However, the people at that complex that are also my age have a projector that we play Mario 3 with projected into the pool, and I recognize with them a lot more, so I guess you can be either grown up or not at 22, but you don't have to be grown up.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2007, 04:09:49 am »

If it means anything to you geezers, I am wasting away my youth doing drugs, going to loud concerts, being poor, having absolutely no responsibility and having uncommitted sex.


So did we.  Guess what you have to look forward to?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2007, 04:22:01 am »

more of the same?
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Random Weekend Boredness- Tennessee Williams, etc.
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2007, 04:29:17 am »

so, I've been thinking about that picture that was posted.
And, man, goddamn. If he wants to do that, why should anyone stop him? He's so happy. That smile is so genuine. It makes me glad.

I am going to show that picture to homophobes, man.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up