I vote against every judge, besides that I will leave it blank.
If I don't have anything better to do that day, I go and vote for my mom as a write in candidate for every office. I think if I get some more people in on the game, shell end up the town commissioner of traffic or something. I'm sure shed just love that.
Also, yes attaching a fine to not voting is the same as attaching a price to voting. From the economist perspective, attaching a fine just greater than the cost associated with voting (missing a couple hours of work, waiting in line, not getting your hair done, dealing with old people) would increase voter turn out. However the model would show that the fine wouldn't capture those that value their time the highest like highly educated wage earning tax payers, but would capture most of those who place relatively little value on their time, like minimum wage earners and the elderly.
In the end, on a purely academic front, Im not totally against the old system where you got a receipt for your vote that you could sell directly the political party or candidate.