Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit? - Nabu

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Ike Turner dead  (Read 23110 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #75 on: December 17, 2007, 07:17:59 am »

It seems to be that MTV is targeted specifically at upper-middle-class 11-year-old girls who wear ****** that say "Juicy" bloo bloo bla bla bla

The only thing saying "juicy" that anybody should own is a pack of gum.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #76 on: December 17, 2007, 08:24:01 am »

Reality shows make me want to collapse the universe forever.

On that note I read a semi-serious article prophesising that the writers strike means obviously no more scripted shows this year and if it doesn't clear up soon, no more new scripted shows next year and could end up really changing the television industry, and it got me to thinking what if next year it's all wall to wall reality TV? I mean, I don't have to watch it but it's almost certain people I know will try to *talk* to me about it.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #77 on: December 17, 2007, 01:36:12 pm »

The only time I've ever seen more than 3 consecutive minutes of MTV was back when they used to show Monty Python's Flying Circus. I had never heard of Kurt Loder before this thread. Although his name did sound vaguely familiar so I must have heard it before out of context.

OK, I have to say it: I'm old enough to have watched MTV when they actually played music videos.

As for the writer's strike: They were just saying on NPR that the writers were negotiating with some independent production companies - something in the rules allows this - and that The Daily Show might come back. Please let this be true!
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #78 on: December 17, 2007, 02:43:29 pm »

According to several wrestling sites NBC is already in talks to extend the season of the new American Gladiators (hosted by Hulk Hogan) and wants WWE to run more Saturday Night's Main Event-style prime-time specials to fill voids.

I can see it now: The Office will not be seen tonight so that we may present Hornswoggle the Leprechaun vs. The Great Khali. Then stay tuned for Atlassphere!
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2007, 02:55:18 pm »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #80 on: December 17, 2007, 05:14:25 pm »

To borrow from Fark: I'd hit it.

Seems like she might be kind of awesome.
Quote from: martha quinn
I’m afraid (most of my thoughts start out that way) that if I died, one day my kids would say to each other, “It’s really for the best. Look how much cleaner our house is now.”
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2007, 06:05:25 pm »

Ehhhh, I dunno.

Maybe I'm just still kind of too young but... she kind of looks like Alanis Morisette's aging hippie mom.

She's definitely pleasant looking and everything but maybe just too much older than I am to be interesting yet.

If there's a 2027 and I'm alive in it, I'll probably think that's a picture of an attractive woman by then, sure.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2007, 12:18:31 am »

Ehhhh, I dunno.

Maybe I'm just still kind of too young but... she kind of looks like Alanis Morisette's aging hippie mom.


...and your point is?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #83 on: December 18, 2007, 12:29:40 am »

Ehhhh, I dunno.

Maybe I'm just still kind of too young but... she kind of looks like Alanis Morisette's aging hippie mom.

She's definitely pleasant looking and everything but maybe just too much older than I am to be interesting yet.

If there's a 2027 and I'm alive in it, I'll probably think that's a picture of an attractive woman by then, sure.
Whats the matter dude? Is she not wearing enough mens clothing for you?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #84 on: December 18, 2007, 01:29:40 am »

Whats the matter dude? Is she not wearing enough mens clothing for you?

Haha! A fag joke!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #85 on: December 18, 2007, 01:46:29 am »

I mean... I do not really find her attractive either. Sorry.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #86 on: December 18, 2007, 02:15:25 am »

She's not hot in a could-still-be-a-regular-on-television kinda way anymore, but she's definitely hot in a guys-wondering-how-the-hell-you-managed-THAT kinda way.

Which, for my money, is the better way anyway.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #87 on: December 18, 2007, 02:19:03 am »

Ah, I think she's just too scrawny lookin'.

A little extra fluff is actually treated better by age, really.

Scrawny ages fast.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2007, 02:21:32 am »

Haha! A fag joke!

I think he was talking about that in a post today.  Someone was.

and yeah, i have t agree with lfm and inev.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Ike Turner dead
« Reply #89 on: December 18, 2007, 03:30:26 am »

I'm seeing a definite generational trend developing here...

Paul, would you care to weigh in on the question?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up