Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "Awww yeah who is CATHOLIC up in this piece?!?!" -- you never hear that any more.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007  (Read 5094 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

HudsonVC

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
December 14, 2007: Dr. Mohid Prashad's Celery Wine for Thinkers
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 08:32:04 pm »

"Bottom speed: absolute zero!"

It would appear I am literally one minute behind the other post linking to today's comic. Delete at will!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: December 14, 2007: Dr. Mohid Prashad's Celery Wine for Thinkers
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 08:33:46 pm »

Sorry! Another nice thread title, too.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2007, 08:36:31 pm »

I've always had a thing for the waitresses in the little bowtie.

There's something... hot about ladies dressed in men's formal wear but... I could never exactly figure out why.

Is it that its ever so mildly transgressive or... is it that makes that lady's form a secret that you want to learn or... I dunno.

Somethin' about a hot lady in a tux or such, though.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2007, 08:48:47 pm »

I too am a tower guy since way back. Do we get a special menu at any fast food places?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2007, 10:56:48 pm »

Some guys are ass men; some guys are breast men; Philippe is a tower man.

Also, some high-quality Lie Bot facts. Is it wrong that the idea of Andrew Dice Clay changing his name and becoming a social worker is so charming I want it to be true?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 11:18:29 pm »

Does he even still do the Andrew "Dice" Clay character any more?
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2007, 12:55:49 am »

I've always had a thing for the waitresses in the little bowtie.

There's something... hot about ladies dressed in men's formal wear but... I could never exactly figure out why.


The answer is: Jennifer Beals' character in Flashdance.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2007, 02:02:51 am »

Celery Wine for Thinkers.  Fuck yeah!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 11:12:18 am »

That "Absolute Zero" car is so cool, my atoms stopped moving.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

HudsonVC

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2007, 05:21:34 pm »

There's something... hot about ladies dressed in men's formal wear but... I could never exactly figure out why.

Yeah, me neither. But it is.

An old girlfriend of mine who was of a theatrical bent used to wear my coat, shirt and tie to her job sometimes. I don't recall her telling me beforehand that she was going to do this. It was really provocative.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2007, 05:42:12 pm »

One time I fulfilled a mini-fantasy for the guy I was dating by re-enacting the "dress shirt" scene from An American President. 

I guess I sort of look like Annette Benning a little? 

Anyway, it was fun.  Guys are so easy. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2007, 05:49:04 pm »

This conversation about repressed sexual desires to see women dressed as boys is kind of disturbing.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 05:49:48 pm »

Who's repressed? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Legend has it, he was portly and stank of nectar - Dec 14 2007
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007, 05:51:20 pm »

Who's repressed? 

I've always had a thing for the waitresses in the little bowtie.

There's something... hot about ladies dressed in men's formal wear but... I could never exactly figure out why.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up