Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A dude has arrived  (Read 2868 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: A dude has arrived
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2007, 11:32:33 pm »

Five cans for a hoary old joke about grammar? Really?

There are many things about this forum I do not understand.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: A dude has arrived
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2007, 11:44:25 pm »

I do believe that it was all about the timing, Ms. Waterfield.

Sometimes the right joke... even an old one... in the right place can blast the bad stuff all away to rags and atoms.

I know that there's been a lot of bummed-out vibes going around this place lately, myself more than included.

And then...  a really good if old joke comes out of nowhere.

And things are suddenly just a little bit better.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: A dude has arrived
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2007, 12:09:21 am »

Quote
Oh man, I hate on some snot-nosed punks who don't realize that a preposition is a perfectly fine type of word to end a sentence with.

wait, is that a hoary old joke? what is the joke?

I feel like... if I had tried to say this, it would have been

Quote
Oh man, I hate on some snot-nosed punks who don't realize that a preposition is a perfectly fine type of word with which to end a sentence.

and it would not have been on purpose. My conversion to descriptivist is recent, you see, and I am still not used to these new ways.
Or, maybe, I would have noticed, and changed it to end with With, and felt fake.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: A dude has arrived
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2007, 04:47:59 am »

Keep reminding me why I'm your not-creepy-at-all internet admirerer professional giraffe lady.

Can'd to you and Vick.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up