As a kid, I had really bad asthma. So what was the natural, rebellious thing to do as a teenager? Why, smoke 2 packs of Marlboro reds per day in high school, of course! Then I was smoking some ungodly joint with my friends, passed out (my lips and fingernails were blue, I guess) and busted out my front tooth and part of the tooth next to it. GREAT JOERB!!! I got to have a root canal on Number 8.
Then I had the brilliant idea of getting my crowns replaced in Alaska. The work that the dentist did was heinous. Guess what he had done before he came to AK to be a dentist -- he was a prison dentist. Suh-weeeeeeeet. It will be 2010 before insurance will pay to replace them, and even then they only cover 50% and the original has to be damaged and irreparable. Plus, the fragile little root canal will probably snap like a twig in a gale when the non-prison-dentist tries to take it off with their crazy-ass, Dremel-like tools and I'll have to get an implant. I hope they come up with nonmetallic implants by then, because of my stupid metal allergies.