Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tonight: Chicken!  (Read 2197 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Tonight: Chicken!
« on: December 28, 2007, 03:13:01 am »

So I pulled out some chicken breasts to thaw for dinner tonight but I've decided that I'm in the mood for something different so I don't want to cook what I'd usually cook (generally a stirfry or grab a bottle of marinade from the fridge and fry them up, maybe on a burger). So how about some suggestions folks? I'm cooking for me and two other people and I've got the day off work so I can go and get stuff that is required. I also randomly have a bunch of breadcrumbs, so maybe some sort of deep fry recipe would be awesome?
Anyway, any suggestions would be awesome but the pressure is on, I've got a little over 6 hours till ODT (optimal dinner time).
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight: Chicken!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2007, 03:24:35 am »

I just picked up ingredients for a chicken breast dish of q sort you may enjoy:

1 breast per person
lightly seasoned with garlic, fresh pepper, any other herbs you might enjoy, placed in roaster/casserole
covered with
1 descent handful of spinach per breast
1 liberal sprinkling of shredded Gouda per breast
1 liberal sprinkling of crushed pecans per breast
(in that order)
Bake at 350 for 20 or until the thickest part of the breast is no longer pink
Broil for a few minutes until cheese starts to bubble and pecans slightly toast
Enjoy

Tastes really nice with a good Riesling.

Cheers!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Tonight: Chicken!
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2007, 03:27:07 am »

heh heh. breast.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight: Chicken!
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2007, 03:27:17 am »

I think I like the sound of that one SS, sounds tasty. Thanks!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight: Chicken!
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2007, 01:00:23 pm »

Dinner was very tasty, good work Smells!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight: Chicken!
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2007, 04:04:12 pm »

Oh yeah, spinach is so fine.  It's good with chicken.  Also, breast.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Tonight: Chicken!
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2007, 12:30:06 am »

Mmm the spinache was good but I think I might try lightening the flavour a bit next time, maybe with something citrussy.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up