So in middle school I had an interest in Broadway musicals. (I still do, but that was when this experience took place.)
Any elective activity I signed up for in middle school years that had Broadway in the name would be the same thing, whether at school, at camp, at extracurricular activities, whatever, would be the same thing: an endless sea of off-key "sopranos" forcing their voices as high as they would go, one tenor (different guy in each place, each of them kind of snotty and an absolute queen), and one baritone (me) with no singing parts being barraged by whatever the godawful soprano stuff in Phantom is and godawful I Dreamed A Dream. I hate that song. I hate I Dreamed A Dream so god damned hard that if it were possible within the constraints of the physical laws of the universe for a song to explode and catch fire on the basis of one man hating it that song would be smoldering fragments on the interstate. I want to stab that song. Maybe it would be good with an actual performer but when I hear the opening words the warbly preteens come crashing down upon me and I can't withstand it.
So basically while I am 100% in favor of removing Webber from our educational system I have to suggest an amendment that also includes Les Miserables.