Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 4th January 2008 - The tell-tale arrow  (Read 4517 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 4th January 2008 - The tell-tale arrow
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2008, 08:46:14 pm »

So, I was talking to someone the other day when I came to the realization that I've never asked a girl out, or propositioned a lady for sex. 

Well, neither have I.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 4th January 2008 - The tell-tale arrow
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2008, 10:43:00 pm »

That was one of the weird realizations when I broke up with the Gentleman Caller -- "oh, man, I have been seeing this guy so long that I spent all of college and most of high school not dating. Oh, crap, what a waste. I should have broken up with him earlier." (At least, that is what the crass side of me said. The non-crass side was more like "oh god, what do I do? I'm 24 -- will I ever be loved again?! WOE AND RUIN")
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 4th January 2008 - The tell-tale arrow
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2008, 11:22:43 pm »

Well, uhm, maybe you should listen to your crass side more, then.

Your crass side is definitely a lot more right, it seems.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 4th January 2008 - The tell-tale arrow
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2008, 11:37:05 pm »

Our crass sides seem to always have our own singular best interests at heart, it seems. That's why they're the crass side.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 4th January 2008 - The tell-tale arrow
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2008, 02:06:17 am »

Also: I just now, three days later, figured out what "the tell-tale arrow" was. Christ, I'm dense.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 4th January 2008 - The tell-tale arrow
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2008, 03:27:14 am »

Also: I just now, three days later, figured out what "the tell-tale arrow" was. Christ, I'm dense.

For years I thought it was a smile. Then I finally realized it was an arrow pointing from A to Z. It was kind of like first noticing the arrow in the FedEx logo.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 4th January 2008 - The tell-tale arrow
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2008, 05:26:27 am »

For years I thought it was a smile. Then I finally realized it was an arrow pointing from A to Z.

Can't it be both?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: 4th January 2008 - The tell-tale arrow
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2008, 06:02:08 am »

No.  That's crazy talk.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 4th January 2008 - The tell-tale arrow
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2008, 02:26:07 pm »

That was one of the weird realizations when I broke up with the Gentleman Caller -- "oh, man, I have been seeing this guy so long that I spent all of college and most of high school not dating. Oh, crap, what a waste. I should have broken up with him earlier." (At least, that is what the crass side of me said. The non-crass side was more like "oh god, what do I do? I'm 24 -- will I ever be loved again?! WOE AND RUIN")

You didn't miss out on much - really it's for the best to skip as much awkward, sloppy kissing as possible.  In the end you've had less of someone else's saliva on your chin and fewer uncomfortable moments of running into someone on the street who you lied to to get away from when you were too young to communicate your needs.  That's all.  24 is the best age to date - it is when I found real love and developed some of the strongest platonic relationships too.  You are the right age to actually know what you like and to not put up with unnecessary bullshit.  You have lots of time - the years between 24 & 30 are the hardest and the best as far as I'm concerned.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up