Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Show me your desk!  (Read 21187 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2008, 12:14:29 am »

Nice! I look forward to many heated arguments over the correct spelling of our name.

(Kind of explains your username now!)

Yes!  It's a shortening of Shawn McBride.    You'll receive no arguments from me on the spelling.   In 8th grade I got tired of people spelling my name the other way, so I myself started spelling it the other way.   Several months of this, and I noticed that people tended to spell it back the correct way.    So my Freshman year of highschool I started alternating the spelling on every assignment I turned in between Sean, Shawn, Shaun, and, the abstractest, Tschean.  Things have settled as an adult, and sometimes I'll change it in my mailsig.   I find it humorous on Outlook when the spelling in my sig, and the spelling on the from line don't agree.

My favorite incident was a program for a play I was in.   They managed to spell my name three different ways in the program without any provocation.  I looked at it, and showed my spouse and said "They're righter than they'd ever know."
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2008, 04:32:46 am »

How do you spell steak?
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2008, 04:18:10 am »

My desk right now:

Yes, that is Stevie Y in that picture to the upper right. Directly behind me is my collage of pictures of Peyton Manning looking grumpy because the Chargers beat him again.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2008, 04:24:34 am »

My desk right now:

Yes, that is Stevie Y in that picture to the upper right. Directly behind me is my collage of pictures of Peyton Manning looking grumpy because the Chargers beat him again.

Excellent use of paper reams as ergonomic devices. A+.
Logged

chuanoplast

  • Showbiz
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 33
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 234
  • Most Painful Part
    • View Profile
    • Stupid Blog
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2008, 01:46:50 pm »

I don't really use a desk. More like a place to put things. The fire hazards were eventually cleaned up and replaced by a huge bag of bread.
Logged
The most important decision in my life: the rabbit mug or the monkey mug. (PS I GOT THE KITTY MUG)

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2008, 02:38:52 pm »

Nabu's desk is inexplicably appealing.  But I still don't understand how you all can be so damn neat.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2008, 03:41:08 pm »

I used my desk here for about 5 minutes before I got tired of it. I am now conducting all business from my bed, where everything is designed for my comfort.
The most interesting desk I ever saw was my friend's dad's desk. He runs a kind of auction house and grabbed this desk from some kind of corporate collapse - it was old dark wood, ornate, and maybe 8-10 feet long. He had 4 computer monitors. One for e-mail, one for web, one for Office, and one for whatever else. This was a man who HATED switching applications.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2008, 04:01:28 pm »

That's why everyone in our group has three monitors. Outlook, Excel, proprietary software.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2008, 04:31:49 pm »

Funny. My dual monitors at work are usually used for one game of facebook scrabble and... another game of facebook scrabble.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2008, 04:54:48 pm »

Funny. My dual monitors at work are usually used for one game of facebook scrabble and... another game of facebook scrabble.

I don't know what that means (nor do I want to) but I normally have TOUAMB covering Outlook and ESPN covering Excel. The other shit is on my laptop monitor and that's just too small for me to bother with. I ain't got no time for no short-dick monitor.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2008, 03:18:56 am »

Oh yeah, I finally took a picture of my desk.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2008, 04:36:20 pm »

Paul, you're looking awfully "come hither" in that photo. Are you worried you might have surpassed Flickr's accepted levels of eroticism?

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2008, 05:38:21 pm »

I would like to see what constitutes "Flickr's accepted levels of eroticism."

Does it involve multitudes of checkboxes (as in, "Does subject engage in looks/actions that can be construed as erotic?), or is it more of a continuum? (Mark on the line how the picture makes you feel. 1 is "stone-cold intellectual", while 10 is "mad rutty")

Note: I am pleased to report that spell-check has no issues with "rutty."
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2008, 06:00:03 pm »

Paul's at a bit of a disadvantage. Just by being himself, he's already pushing the acceptable limits of eroticism on Flickr. I'd say the limit would be 1.5 Pauls.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Show me your desk!
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2008, 06:07:13 pm »

Paul's at a bit of a disadvantage. Just by being himself, he's already pushing the acceptable limits of eroticism on Flickr. I'd say the limit would be 1.5 Pauls.

How many Pauls to a Nabu?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up