Hey, melack! We have the same printer!
I used to sit at
this desk, but as you can see,
my kid took it over when he learned to play videogames. Also, when I hurt my back this summer I stopped being able to sit in straight-backed chairs, so I have done most of my posting (and written most of my thesis) from
my rocking chair. My favorite part of the chair is that it has fold-out arms to house all that little crap that you want nearby but that falls off the end table. I always have my cell phone, a (usually empty) cup, a bottle of Tums (oh, dire heartburn of pregnancy) and some cashews within easy reach. You can also see a part of the sweater I'm knitting to bring Hero home from the hospital in. The blue bowl is from the pasta I had for lunch, which I have not yet taken to the kitchen because I am lazy.
I will be getting a new end table today, which sat next to my grandmother's rocking chair for over 30 years and housed her crochet works-in-progress for as far back as I can remember. I'm pretty excited about it, because when the baby arrives, I'll need more space for all the stuff I like to have on hand while nursing -- knitting, lanolin, water bottle, burp cloth, nursing pads, book, TV remote, etc. Also, it used to be my gramma's, which is neat.
Dang, looking at the pic of my chair makes me realize how bare that corner looks. I need to get some pictures on the walls. I have them up in other parts of the room, but never thought to put some near my chair. I have a Somebody nice the Riveter print that will be just the thing.
Ninja edited to add: great idea, smells!