Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE  (Read 11032 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« on: January 14, 2008, 06:21:25 am »

http://achewood.com/index.php?date=01142008

I love these color strips and their surreal vibe ... even if the topic is kind of perverse. I mean, a stuffed bear beating off to 70s LP covers? yikes.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2008, 06:38:02 am »

I deeply identify with... looking for that one perfect thought that makes it all fit together.

I been chasing that hoss since the day I understood it was a hoss that one could chase.

Apicture of a busty naked African-American lady masturbating isn't that one perfect thought for me, sadly... I would be a much happier sort of dude if it were but... I am definitely still gunning for my answer.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 06:57:25 am »

2008 == the technicolor Achewood year.

Interesting.  At some point in time and space I can identify how Quadrophenia and Abraxas could be placed at opposite ends of the rock spectrum. 

Yet they're both great.  Go figure.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Toaster

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 193
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 629
  • I'll have you slayed!
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2008, 10:52:21 am »

Jesus fuck*ng Christ, this makes me sad. But in the good way, you know? The kind of way that tells you, "At least I care". It feels good to know that you care.
Logged
My OCD makes me care about things.

gloomba

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 9
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 63
  • One stomp and he dies . . . . 100 PTS.
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008, 12:46:50 pm »

Quadrophenia?  Is there some radically different printing with nude ladies all over it?  'Cause mine looks more like this.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2008, 12:52:30 pm »

The color continues. Hurrah. However, I never noticed the nekkid lady because my dad's copy of Abraxax was all scuffed and crappy (the sleeve, that is. Fortunately the record itself was in great condition).
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 01:36:43 pm »

The specific content of this strip has no personal resonance for me. But God knows I also wait for that one perfect email that solves all my problems and closes the laptop of my mind.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 02:17:51 pm »

oh man, Electric Ladyland. My cover just has that close-up shot of hendrix's face. why couldn't I have the naked lady version, I ask you.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 02:25:07 pm »

Recently I downloaded a song from eMusic. The tiny cover image there clearly has a naked lady. When I put the song into iTunes and it fetched the larger cover art, suddenly she was all blurred out. What the hell, iTunes? Do you blur all naked covers or just ones with bush?
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 02:29:09 pm »

I kept waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I don't really think he's done a comic with this feel since the last time Beef floated down the river.

I really dig the color, no matter how cribbed it is from Ware.  Great artists steal and all that.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

smick

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1351
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1437
  • MasturBot 342: ONLINE
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2008, 04:20:19 pm »

Recently I downloaded a song from eMusic. The tiny cover image there clearly has a naked lady. When I put the song into iTunes and it fetched the larger cover art, suddenly she was all blurred out. What the hell, iTunes? Do you blur all naked covers or just ones with bush?

Double-checking, and... Yes.  Surfer Rosa still has her nipples.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2008, 04:36:10 pm »

I remember my parents having an album covered in a picture of a topless redhead holding a phallic silver airplane.  I cannot recall the name of the artist/album.

This tells you everything you need to know about the priorities of my life from age 10 through, uh, now.
Logged

herofix

  • Guest
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2008, 05:16:15 pm »

I remember my parents having an album covered in a picture of a topless redhead holding a phallic silver airplane.  I cannot recall the name of the artist/album.

This tells you everything you need to know about the priorities of my life from age 10 through, uh, now.

Blind Faith, self-titled album.

Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 05:33:30 pm »

Great album.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

herofix

  • Guest
Re: 14 Jan 2008 - MARLENE FUCKS BALD PEOPLE
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2008, 05:42:28 pm »

I've never heard it.  In fact, I've never heard of that group.  Yet I knew exactly which album cover was being recalled (assuming that is the album cover he meant).
Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up