Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

But Pat, the Cure is silly! It is silly to like The Cure!

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood  (Read 7071 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 10:05:04 pm »

My favourite Wilde rephrasing is:

"I may be lying in the gutter but I'm staring up your dress".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Today's Cat and Girl is about inev
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2008, 08:30:05 pm »

I am glad I am not the only one.

girl was starting to really get on my nerves until I read this one.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2008, 03:49:31 pm »

Thanks for introducing me to Cat and Girl. Wheee! The Internets don't have enough cats!

Actually, this strip I found pretty funny. "A lot of one thing...less of two other things...and milk!" This is officially my new philosophy of life.
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 12:02:36 am »

Indeed - this strip might do quite nicely in the lurch between Achewood updates. I need some more webcomics to get into.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 12:11:00 am »

I dunno. Reading endless comics about this makes my stomach hurt. I got it after the first one, you know?

I guess that is my cue. Where I stop reading it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 02:05:02 am »

Yeah cat and girl is definitely a sometimes food for me. It's not as bad as stuff like Natalie Dee but it's self aware indieness starts to grate after a while.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008, 02:13:54 am »

Oh man, yeah.

Self-aware indieness is... at the top of the food pyramid, for sure.

Use. Sparingly.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008, 03:30:42 am »

Don't get me wrong it's usually really good and avoids the pitfalls that those sorts of comics fall into but just that it is part of that genre and so that taints it a little in my mind.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008, 03:56:54 am »

yeah. I get enough "i hate everything in the world" from my friends. Lame.

the only self-aware indieness I want is cutie-pie love songs.

oh, and, I guess when I do it. I am overly self-aware. Enough to know I don't need to tell you guys that.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2008, 02:36:04 pm »

Cat and Girl isn't really very frequently "I hate the world."  No more so than I'd expect from any other astute commentator with an even keel.  It is generally thinky rather than funny though.  I like it better than Dinosaur Comics.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2008, 07:34:27 pm »

I'm too out of touch to really get the indie references. So it's no more annoying than any comic that I sometimes don't understand.

This is the one I have hanging over my desk.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2008, 08:18:05 pm »

I'm too out of touch to really get the indie references. So it's no more annoying than any comic that I sometimes don't understand.

This is the one I have hanging over my desk.

For me that one did not suck as much.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2008, 08:22:35 pm »

Off-topic, but: oh, man, I need to get me one of those "Liminal State" t-shirts. Liminality and I have a love-hate relationship, see. It's my delicious Kryptonite.
Logged

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 03:59:00 am »

I used to have a printout of Cat versus Problem Solving stuck above my desk, until I moved desks.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Today's Cat and Girl is about Achewood
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 04:14:17 am »

I own the Deus Ex Machina hoodie. I have you beat!
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up