Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood C:\> Get on the Night Train. || You are on the Night Train. There is an Axl Rose here.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.  (Read 3248 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« on: January 28, 2008, 07:07:02 pm »

Declaration of Independence 2.0

It's been a while since I've had the honor of first-posting. 

I hope this is building to something...it has such potential.  But man, that Jefferson was such a drama queen. 

Seriously. 

Ninja Edit: Apparently I do not know what day it is. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 07:19:34 pm »

At this rate Ray is going to run out of acceptable states pretty quickly. I'm guessing that Texas is next to go.
Logged

weareas1

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 5
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 19
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 07:55:29 pm »

On a related note, it would appear that candidate Ray Smuckles is rather ahead of the curve with his "more chickeny chicken" platform:

http://embeds.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/01/28/huckabee-on-romneys-fried-chicken-moment/

I'm sure we'll be seeing all the other candidates weigh in on chicken after this.  Can't wait to hear Ron Paul's take.  Nevertheless, Smuckles was, is, and always will be the original Chickeny Chicken candidate.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 08:07:06 pm »

Ron Paul is pro chicken. Ray doesn't need Florida and neither do I. That place is humid and filled with insects the size of baseballs and wildlife that doesn't know its place is not a pool.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2008, 08:11:52 pm »

I think Ron Paul would be pro-chicken, but if you actually heard him talk about his position he would say about 20 things that ticked me off.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 08:44:59 pm »

I'm going to try to work the phrase "the lofty and broadly-defined organism" into my Ph. D. thesis.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2008, 09:57:20 pm »

I'm going to try to work the phrase "the lofty and broadly-defined organism" into my Ph. D. thesis.

In my personal experience at least, no one proofreads the index of a PhD thesis to remove the names of fictional characters. So you might even be able to get Ray's name in there.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 10:29:51 pm »

I am hoping that Roast Beef will somehow give Ray a Slap.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 10:45:07 pm »

In my personal experience at least, no one proofreads the index of a PhD thesis to remove the names of fictional characters. So you might even be able to get Ray's name in there.

I think I have a new life's goal.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2008, 12:36:44 am »

Eh. Not really liking it.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2008, 12:42:40 am »

I think I actually actively dislike this strip. Which is something new in the relationship between Achewood and myself.

I am hoping that Roast Beef will somehow give Ray a Slap.

This would make it all better.
Logged

SpeedyG

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2008, 03:39:10 am »

I don't know if it's just me, but Ray seems to be acting very out of character. I really hope this is just some sort of Liebot scheme, and maybe someone gets shot?
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 04:09:22 am »

Power... the potential for power... has corrupted Ray in a way that simply having Throwin' Around Money couldn't.

He is like Dildo Baggins and that ring.

It is more interesting than funny, exactly, but I'm up for seeing where it goes.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 04:16:32 am »

I think Ray is acting exactly how we would expect Ray to react in this situation. He operates in a simplistic mindset that makes efficient decisions
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 28 Jan 2008: So I decree it, so it shall be.
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 04:17:12 am »

Power... the potential for power... has corrupted Ray in a way that simply having Throwin' Around Money couldn't.

He is like Dildo Baggins and that ring.

It is more interesting than funny, exactly, but I'm up for seeing where it goes.

Or perhaps Ray has fallen under the influence of Lazarus again. It could be hiding under the bed and talking to Ray in his sleep.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up