Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Have some dignity.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008  (Read 3628 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« on: February 06, 2008, 01:31:46 pm »

Ray's all showin' off his barbs to the pedicurist who runs and hides in humiliation.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 01:56:33 pm »

I'm surprised he hasn't yet come up with a nickname for the girl that he doesn't realize is horribly offensive. Besides, aren't manicures and whatnot actually painful? Or have sitcoms lied to me? Again.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 02:40:04 pm »

"...your wrong old tumescence." - That made me laugh out loud. As well as the Don't Step on the Baby Ants Dance.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 03:06:58 pm »

I'm surprised he hasn't yet come up with a nickname for the girl that he doesn't realize is horribly offensive. Besides, aren't manicures and whatnot actually painful? Or have sitcoms lied to me? Again.

If they're painful, you need to find a new manicurist. 

Do sitcoms really lie about this?  This seems like a silly thing to lie about, given that I would think most women would know otherwise. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 03:32:04 pm »

If they're painful, you need to find a new manicurist. 

Do sitcoms really lie about this?  This seems like a silly thing to lie about, given that I would think most women would know otherwise. 

The joke is generally along the lines of a guy who normal cares for his finger and toenails with his teeth for some reason gets a manicure. And the salon ends up having to work on his cuticles with like a chisel or angle grinder. Picture this happening to Al Bundy.
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 04:27:34 pm »

I admit that I had a mani/pedi for the first time in November.  I was in India, see, and because of the exchange rate, a mixup involving the caste system and a complicated order at a tea shop I found myself plopped down in a salon with my feet soaking in a tub of hot water and my fingertips dipped daintily in little bowls.

People in India generally have rough feet, and I was alarmed to learn that it's normal for your pedicurist to break out an Exacto-looking scalpel to shave off the nastiest of bits.  My guy (no embarrassed lady for me, alas) picked up my foot, picked up the scalpel, felt my baby-smooth American heel, and put the blade back down.  I wouldn't need the rough stuff.

The whole thing caused no pain at all, even when I had someone else cutting my toenails.  It was ticklish as hell, though, particularly when they took a brush to the bottom of my arches.

I came away feeling like a dandy fop, all with my socks and closed-toe shoes.  I tipped pretty well, considering the whole thing cost me about $12.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 05:44:00 pm »

goddamn, Ray is not loved by these Vietnamese women. This is embarassing enough for me that... I can only hope Ray never learns that he is That Pervert.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 06:40:44 pm »

I can only hope Ray never learns that he is That Pervert.

I dunno. I think maybe someone ought to break it to him. This is really kind of creepy.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 07:37:30 pm »

When was the last time Ray crossed the line this thoroughly?  Like, I think this kind of thing can get the cops called on you.  Isn't flaunting a visible erection grounds for sexual harassment?  It should be.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 08:08:28 pm »

I wonder if going commando would indicate premeditation, thereby enhancing the crime.  Also: wearing gabardine trousers.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2008, 08:46:52 pm »

I enjoy that Beef and I share the trait of communicating in "Back to the Future" analogies whenever possible.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 02:11:26 pm »

I humbly disagree with Mr. Orezscu about watching women play tennis. Watching women play tennis is a beautiful thing. Beautiful, I say.

Unless by "for the first time," he means the first time these particular women play tennis, not the first time of watching women play tennis. I can kinda sorta see that, but still, I'll take it over, say, women playing basketball.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 04:16:32 pm »

Whatever your opinion on women playing tennis for the first time, the analogy to Stallone making a sandwich was beautiful.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2008, 03:52:50 am »

I love how the most offensive things Teodor can think of are not in any way offensive to anyone.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: A short month of blogs -- Feburary 2008
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 01:40:21 pm »

That really is why men like to watch collisions on television, isn't it? I never thought of it before.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up