Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I am in a bed with an Asleepness Hat on.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008  (Read 3031 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« on: March 03, 2008, 02:10:23 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03032008

OK, I'll start the thread if no one else is going to, but I have a policy that it's safer not to comment on Nice Pete.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 02:13:07 am »

Wow.  That was disturbing.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 02:16:29 am »

nice pete knows my ex girlfriend.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 02:18:09 am »

Interestingly, most men... myself included... look like special monkeys designed for lifting boxes to me.

Only women look, like, actually human, dudes look more like... crude but functional devices.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 02:54:09 am »

I resent that description. 


I have no function whatsoever.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 03:42:31 am »

It's nice to see Onstad is back in fine form. Also, a can for the correct thread title.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 03:57:34 am »

Guess that whole Mister Band/iMurder thing is water under the bridge.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 12:33:45 pm »

Well, Hell, Nice Pete doesn't necessarily mean anything by a murder attempt. He'd murder dead things if science would let him.

Anyway, yes, this strip is creepy as fuck, but in an awesome way.
Logged

elfbabe

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 39
    • View Profile
Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2008, 04:45:18 pm »

I sent a friend a recipe for vaguely Thai-like noodles a little while ago and gave a link to Nice Pete's "cold noodles" blog entry as a sort of comparison thing. He hadn't read Achewood in a while and never really kept up with the blogs, so he forgot that he was reading the words of a fictional cat and was briefly terrified.

I feel like that right now.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 08:14:56 pm by AugustWest »
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2008, 09:06:10 pm »

Nice Pete's "cold noodles" blog entry
Pickled chorizo?

Pickled chorizo?

It was uncanny the first time I read that blog entry, and I'm still baffled by the concept.  Is there a jar filled with brine, next to the pickled pigs feet and pickled eggs, with morose lengths of spicy mexican sausage incubating over the passing years, mathematically approaching infinity on the saltiness scale?
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 10:06:29 pm »

Women as horrible screaming voids?  Has Nice Pete been reading Dave Sim?

"If you look at [a woman] and see anything besides emptiness, fear and emotional hunger, you are looking at the parts of yourself which have been consumed to that point."
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2008, 10:29:13 pm »

He'd murder dead things if science would let him.

This strip seemed pretty good until I read this and remembered how good Achewood could be.

Also, of course it's the correct title, Wombat is the arbiter in these matters.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2008, 12:43:24 am »

http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03032008

OK, I'll start the thread if no one else is going to, but I have a policy that it's safer not to comment on Nice Pete.

I'm still waiting to hear Focus on the Family's response to Pete's rejiggering of the Bible to include Ray as savior. I can't believe none of the Republican candidates were ever asked to comment on that.
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2008, 02:26:26 am »

Interestingly, my mental picture of Dave Sim IS Nice Pete, now.

I cannot imagine Cerebus being driven by anyone other than Nice Pete. It's... kinda neat.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: A screaming clear area with a wig on - March 3 2008
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2008, 05:00:23 am »

How does this "clear area" thing work?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up