Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

this is a messageboard. people talk about stuffs in messageboards. all is well&all is good.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!  (Read 42445 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2008, 12:53:49 am »

Uh, hmmm.

I do not THINK I have access to this but I will check.

It will require logging out of my pornography-viewing Yahoo account and into my my-real-name Yahoo account to research this but you are awesome enough to deserve such extraordinary action.

What's your team name? I might be able to work backwards from that...

EDIT: could your login be "dave_cuthbertson"?

-kisses LFM-


Ahem, I mean many thanks, old chap.

Also, now my real name exists. Pah.

Pretty sad that I used my own name for Yahoo and I couldn't remember it.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 01:01:20 am by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #61 on: March 21, 2008, 01:22:28 am »

Not a problem. I am such as the People's Commish and so forth, I'm happy to help.

Also, as we are all imaginary, knowing names is not so important after all.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2008, 01:57:12 am »

Autodraft is locked in for go.

It says that it'll be done before midnight Tuesday at the latest.

But we're locked in! Now for the waiting...
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2008, 04:05:23 pm »

It looks like it's been run.

I recognize most of the names on my team!
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2008, 04:17:22 pm »

Yup!

I have... already sent out two trade request e-mails, in fact.

I am a very sick man.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2008, 04:29:21 pm »

The First Sign I May Not Be Cut Out For Fantasy Baseball:

There is a guy on my bench named Evan Longoria. Apparently, after some research, he's a kid with a bright future, and the Rays are trying to figure out if they want to bring him up now or keep him in the minors. But no matter, when I glanced down, I thought I saw... well, you know what I thought I saw.
Logged

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2008, 05:41:04 pm »

Eff. I was gonna adjust my draft rankings yesterday but instead I went out drinking. But at least I got Erik Bedard! And the injured shell of Albert Pujols. Nice?

(Golf: Evan Longoria, despite a close phonetic proximity to you-know-who, is the best hitting prospect in baseball.)

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2008, 05:43:24 pm »

D'oh.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2008, 02:13:34 am »

Quote from: melack
(Golf: Evan Longoria, despite a close phonetic proximity to you-know-who, is the best hitting prospect in baseball.)

(Other than Lastings Milledge.)
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2008, 02:36:33 pm »

Daaaaaaaamn, my team looks rather awesome.  You will all rue the day you did not draft Ryan Zimmerman.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2008, 05:14:21 pm »

If there's anything that last year taught me, it's that you can win this thing in spite of your star players. I lost Chris Carpenter at the very beginning of the season, never to see him return again. And some how I cobbled together a makeshift pitching staff and won the whole damn thing. Course, it helped that I had A-Rod on my team.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2008, 09:45:23 pm »

Sorry I missed it, been busy.  Good luck all.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #72 on: March 25, 2008, 12:27:46 am »

Is tomorrow opening day?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2008, 06:18:49 am »

...kind of, yeah.

For people with Boston or Oakland players, anyway.

But worry not, the first "week" is the first two weeks in total.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: Pretend Sports '08 - This Time, Its Personal!
« Reply #74 on: March 25, 2008, 04:07:44 pm »

I think our new baseball fans (Judy, for one) will find MLB likes to shit on a lot of things' chests.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Up