Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008  (Read 3503 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2008, 11:51:11 pm »

She doesn't seem to have a lot of close lady-friends, at least in the land of the living, anyways.

Well, there is Tina, who can be just as classy as Showbiz.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 12:07:12 am »

Eventually, I think they became that but... I don't think that's what they were rooted in.

Just me, just my theory but...

I can't imagine a kid just saying "shoot!" and not still getting his ass kicked for coming close... I have to think that it was created for some bowlderized kinda storytelling and then slowly grew into an accept "half"-swear through that application.

My mom says "shoot."  That's where I learned it.  I'm more inclined to use "jehosephat" or "crapioca pudding." 

Today, my son repeated Pedro's frustrated pseudo-swear.  The words "Dang Gonnit" are adorable coming from a three year old.  (Maybe I just think anything my kid says is cute because he says so little?) 

Also: Is choop here to stay?  Could it be too good to be true? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 12:33:30 am »

Also, and this may well be splitting hairs here, but I don't think that a dude as thoughtless and crude would ever refer to The Lesbian Act as "lezzing it up"... the dude would definitely say "dyking it up".

I'm not sure I've ever heard "lez" as a spoken term by an actual person in my entire life, I think it may be one of those media-created swear-replacers like "darn" and "heck" and "frig" and so on... so as to be less offensive but generally still make the point of the curse.

No way. "Dyke" implies unattractive while "lezzing it up" implies Cinemax.

My personal favorite non-swears are "son of a whore" and "dude, what the cock?"
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 12:36:27 am »

Oh bother.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 04:15:06 am »

Dagnabbit

(Said in a creaky old-man voice)

Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 04:29:38 am »

Two pages of posts and nobody points out the hi-larious (and I am positive intentional) irony of Chris  running this strip on the day he starts asking for for handouts.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 04:29:51 am »

When I was about 6 I would exclaim 'jumping jerusalem'. I'm fairly sure I didn't have a strong grip on what jerusalem was at that point, I just liked alliteration.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 04:50:54 am »

They still got phone booths out there on the west coast?  Dang!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 04:55:30 am »

Two pages of posts and nobody points out the hi-larious (and I am positive intentional) irony of Chris  running this strip on the day he starts asking for for handouts.

What?  The link to the donor page has been there for like a week now.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2008, 05:01:07 am »

Well, considering that Pacific Bell has been renamed fifteen different things since it was Pacific Bell and is, I think, AT&T again... I believe that being in a Pacific Bell phonebooth was supposed to subtly underline how low a place Showbiz was calling from...

A place where they haven't even bothered to rebrand the few remaining phone booth.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked on bridesmaids - March 13 2008
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2008, 05:01:43 am »

really?

my bad then.  i hadn't noticed it.  still funny to see them both on the same page.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up