Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes  (Read 5671 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« on: April 01, 2008, 06:50:36 am »

Alternative title:  good Dartmoor tin
Logged
ACHIEVE

Victoria Waterfield

  • Molly
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 336
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 739
  • FUCK YOU, MIKE!
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 06:54:40 am »

I imagine it would go quite nicely with his bus.
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 07:05:39 am »

Stuff like this is one of the many reasons I stick with mac. Economists have a concept called searching costs. Its the cost of time and energy and money involved with trying to pull of a transaction. The searching costs of finding a non-mac are way high, theres all these crazy computers with prices ranging from like $400-4000 and I cant bear to spend the time looking into making a wise decision between them. Meanwhile Apple is a brand I trust and they only have a handful of models to choose from. "I want a laptop - Macbook or Macbook Pro - I want the best one - Mac book Pro - Purchase - I also want to run windows - Install bootcamp and windows."
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

HudsonVC

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 29
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 07:09:06 am »

This strip (one of my favorites in a while) is positively gerrymandered with alternate thread titles:

A sturdy little fellow, full of zip and dash
Ready to put the tobasco on any task
Chaps and lads from history
The 2008 Shorvis-Bishopthorpe Envaliant III
Soberly cased in good Dartmoor tin
A stout little punter, he's also a bit of a boffin
Finely crafted men's computing

I once convinced a friend of mine that "putting your cube in the moneytelly" was actual British slang for using an ATM.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2008, 04:23:26 pm by HudsonVC »
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 08:28:03 am »

I want a finely crafted men's computer. All finished in brass, all fingerless leather computing gloves.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2008, 10:14:00 am »

I want a finely crafted men's computer. All finished in brass, all fingerless leather computing gloves.

Would it resemble something like this or perhaps this?
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 10:39:17 am »

The first one doesn't seem to be working but I think I have had wet dreams about that second one before. That is exactly what I would like in a computer.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2008, 11:52:04 am »

What, no extra switches under the dash for those spiriting two fingers of Laphroaig?
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2008, 12:30:28 pm »

So how much do you think it would be to have someone make a brass body for an old iBook?  I am single and have poor priorities.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 12:37:28 pm »

That computer of Cornelius' sounds like something Paul Harvey would advertise.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 01:00:16 pm »

colmore: Seriously? You're into this? I know a guy, we can make it happen.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 03:12:22 pm »

Clearly I've been going about looking for a new laptop in totally the wrong way.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2008, 03:33:57 pm »

So how much do you think it would be to have someone make a brass body for an old iBook?  I am single and have poor priorities.

I also have been dreaming of a similar thing.

I want to get an Eee (once the new model comes out) and make it look all retro and steampunk. I'm wondering if I could coat the body with gold foil, or if I could paint it with a metallic brass paint and then varnish the hell out of it.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2008, 04:22:52 pm »

http://www.datamancer.net/steampunklaptop/steampunklaptop.htm

With brass faceplate tutorial. 

Your welcome. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2008, 04:38:52 pm »

http://www.datamancer.net/steampunklaptop/steampunklaptop.htm

It would pretty funny to pull that out of your bag at a meeting, doubly so when you're sitting next to someone with with a Mac Air...
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up