Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes  (Read 5667 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2008, 04:45:04 pm »

So awesome.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2008, 02:00:26 am »

I also have been dreaming of a similar thing.

I want to get an Eee (once the new model comes out) and make it look all retro and steampunk. I'm wondering if I could coat the body with gold foil, or if I could paint it with a metallic brass paint and then varnish the hell out of it.

Oooh an Eee would be perfect for this.
I wonder if a brass body would interfere with wireless networking.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2008, 01:30:37 pm »

Hmmm... I'm actually real good with tools and computer parts and such.  Should I maybe just not be lazy?  It seems like getting this guy to do it would be awesome and set me back a few grand.  I bookmarked his site in case I get less smart and think that having the coolest computer possible is more important than traveling to see friends.
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2008, 09:52:54 pm »

I guess the message "Strips run T-F this week" was Onstad's April Fool's joke?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2008, 09:56:21 pm »

Perhaps he meant they would run on Tuesday and Friday.  Though the notation should be different.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortesDiddy

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 7
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 26
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2012, 02:34:42 pm »


A sturdy little fellow, full of zip and dash
Ready to put the tobasco on any task
Chaps and lads from history
The 2008 Shorvis-Bishopthorpe Envaliant III
Soberly cased in good Dartmoor tin
A stout little punter, he's also a bit of a boffin
Finely crafted men's computing



These are ALMOST song lyrics.

Like they could be belted out at a footy match and end with "HEY HEY HEY HEY!!!"
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 02:40:02 pm by CortesDiddy »
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2012, 04:13:00 pm »

I don't have anything to add to your comment, but I do want to voice my approval of your dredging up the old threads.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: April 1st 2008 - catalogue of jokes
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2012, 04:52:23 pm »

Thank you for reminding me to send my annual surprise gift to my spouse at his office for April Fool's Day.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up