Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down

Author Topic: I hate Apple  (Read 26502 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #105 on: December 07, 2008, 11:59:33 pm »

Yeah, I didn't mean to say it is silly to buy it-- more that it seems silly for them to design phones in that way. It seems that it would inconvenience people and keep them from using their phones as an mp3 player how God intended.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #106 on: December 08, 2008, 06:46:58 am »

Oh yeah, I was so mad the first hour or so that I bought this that it had this awesome feature that they purposely crippled.  But yeah, its okay.  Also, I am pretty sure they did this to save money on construction rather than make you buy a ten dollar cord that is also annoying.  The second option is a lot worse so I am more okay with it I guess, even though the route cause and effect of this are the same.  Seriously, put the 1/8th input on there and charge an extra ten up front, you know?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 10:25:50 am by KeithHernandez »
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

kellichou

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 90
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 87
    • View Profile
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #107 on: December 31, 2008, 01:38:02 am »

bought me a really awesome iPod Nano (2nd generation, pink aluminum case) while we were dating in Alaska. He knew how much I wanted a Ducati motorcycle, so he bought a racing magazine and used Ducati pictures to wrap the box instead of tacky-ass wrapping paper. I LOVED IT. It was so easy to load music on it, even with my behemoth ancient PC. I rocked with that thing until I bought my third iPod here in Colorado, an 80gb iPod Classic. The pink Nano went to Kellichou.

Awww!  And I love that pink iPod!  Thanks, Linnea! 
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2009, 01:31:19 am »

um, I got an iPhone for christmas. I am in love with it to a degree that bothers me.

Also, it kind of embarasses me every time I use it in public.

But it is so damn cool.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2009, 02:22:24 am »

I got myself a Zune for Christmas. It isn't here yet, though. For some reason it had to go from China to Alaska to Memphis before it can come to me. I'll let you all know what I think when it finally gets here.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2009, 06:30:48 am »

Good one, porkin'.  Like anyone would buy a Zune.  High-larry-us.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #111 on: January 03, 2009, 09:08:29 am »

Some people have more trouble carrying a Zune than others.

Er, otherz.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #112 on: January 03, 2009, 09:11:38 am »

I wanted more storage space and didn't feel like dealing with Apple's shenanigans anymore. *shrugs*
Logged

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #113 on: January 03, 2009, 03:42:15 pm »

Yeah, I didnt know people actually bought those. Everything ive ever seen about it is about how big a mistake it was. But i guess you know something i dont.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #114 on: January 03, 2009, 03:55:10 pm »

If you don't buy Apple, you have cooties.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #115 on: January 03, 2009, 06:41:43 pm »

wait, wasn't there recently some big announcement about like... zunes will not work after a certain date?

Am I thinking of something else?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #116 on: January 03, 2009, 07:16:52 pm »

Almost every Zune broke on New Years Eve, from what I understand.  I think they are fixed now, some type of thing similar to the 2000 debacle (not being able to switch to 2009). 
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #117 on: January 03, 2009, 08:08:50 pm »

ah.

i heard something about "sorry if you had a zune!"
and I connected it to something I had heard... maybe that some major mp3-selling website is going down, and all of their licensed mp3s are going down with them?
I want to say walmart, maybe.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #118 on: January 03, 2009, 08:51:27 pm »

some programmer left an ifLeapYear loop in the programming that locked the thing up until the next day.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: I hate Apple
« Reply #119 on: January 03, 2009, 08:53:41 pm »

As far as I understand, it was the 30gb 2006 models that went down due to the leap-year issue.

As far as my Zune goes, I did do a lot of research first. A lot of people's complaints don't appear to be anything you wouldn't see with Apple. You know, like usually people are the cause of 99% of their own problems. But, it's not here yet. I'll let you know what a big mistake I made once it gets here.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up