Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rightclicking the Titpenis - OR - Hastily Documented Buggery -- April 4, 2008  (Read 1915 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile

The titles were about the best thing about this strip.  The English computer was what we'd been led to believe it'd be.

Shrovis-Bishopthorpe leads the pack in considering the internet a nuisance.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile

So, is the we doin' this boast in the header a statement about actually releasing 4 strips for the week (however tardily), or about making a T-shirt with the "I prefer my buggery...hastily documented" phrase.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile

I think it means we'll actually see 4 strips. Also, tomorrow: chicken!

The knobs actually remind me of my old VAIO. It had an desktop application that ran on top of Win95 that was set up like a cube. You'd turn the cube to different sides to get at applications that were grouped together. Like the top side was Games and the left was Settings, &c. I used it like that for about a week before I realized it was insane and actually made it harder for my mom to find stuff.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile

The Lulu Titlescorer says that "Rightclicking the Titpenis" only has a 44.2% chance of being a bestselling book title. I thought it sounded better than that.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

MrCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 18
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 122
    • View Profile

I liked "The Choice is Yours, The Future is Now - Shrovis-Bishopthorpe", though it does make think of a British sort of racing car, built by men in cardigans who thoughtfully smoke pipes.
Logged
I'LL BE DEAD BY THE TIME THEY SLAP THE CUFFS ON

herofix

  • Guest

I liked "The Choice is Yours, The Future is Now - Shrovis-Bishopthorpe", though it does make think of a British sort of racing car, built by men in cardigans who thoughtfully smoke pipes.

You rang?

It's a very great shame that these type of men - perhaps Britain's greatest gift to the world  - are in terribly short supply now in this fair country.

Right now I am sitting in my shed smoking Dunhill cigarettes in a tweed jacket.  But I know it's only a poor approximation of the real thing.
Logged

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile

The computer voice reminds me of those old commercials John Cleese used to do for Compaq.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret

Y'know, when I ask for more Cornelius Bear I don't mean the doodly parts where he's not being entertaining.

I think I just had a Cornelius/Shrovis moment when I clicked on the AIM icon under nDed's icon. Up pops an install window on my Mac telling me that...

"iChat AV redefines video conferencing. Again."

This did not read like John Cleese's voice to me. More like some aggressive VO for a slick, menacingly named Dodge vehicle, like the "Shadowknife."

"Dodge Shadowknife redefines twin cam fuel-injected luxury. Again. Pussy."
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up