Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: May 2008 Blogs  (Read 3469 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
May 2008 Blogs
« on: May 05, 2008, 12:41:32 pm »

"In a time of murder, prostitution, hard liquor, and the foods that stood up to it."

That Nice Pete can turn a phrase, sometimes, when he's not busy killing people.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 2008 Blogs
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 01:00:21 pm »

"In a time of murder, prostitution, hard liquor, and the foods that stood up to it."

That Nice Pete can turn a phrase, sometimes, when he's not busy killing people.

Maybe he's like an action movie character and is even better at turning phrases while killing people.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 2008 Blogs
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 02:44:45 pm »

Quote
I did not ask for the free fresh-sliced onions, because I did not want to cool down the sandwich with vegetables.
This is how I think.

Quote
It was served open-faced, and I allowed for a squirt of pink-colored "chili" mayonnaise. I am glad that I did. The sandwich bites came alive and sang once inside my lips. I ate and ate, the pleasure of each mouthful growing like a fire inside me. Saliva squirted inside my mouth with abandon, like a car wash. That sandwich was literally treated to a car wash inside my mouth...

YES!
YES!

Quote
I can handle some inchezz in mah tite little bo-day.

Whoa.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: May 2008 Blogs
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2008, 03:29:49 pm »

The other day I drove through Arby's on my way to get P from school because it was 2 PM and I hadn't had a chance to eat yet.  I don't go to Arby's much so I don't knoe their menu well, but I wanted something different.  I ordered the Chicken Bacon Swiss sandwich with no bacon.  When I got my food, I realized it also had some sort of sauce on it.  I took a bite anyway, because I was ravenous, and realized it was some kind of honey dijon sauce.  Had I known, I would have ordered it sans sauce, but thanks to this oversight I came to the realization that, despite having a near-morbid fear of most mustard, I actually really, really like honey dijon. 

Like, a lot. 

Weird. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 2008 Blogs
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2008, 03:42:42 pm »

I also hate mustard to hell unless preceded by the word "honey." Yellow mustard is especially bad. It's probably what Satan's jizz tastes like.

Of course I have a bottle in the fridge at home because I need it to make sloppy joe mix.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: May 2008 Blogs
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2008, 03:56:00 pm »

I have no less than four varieties of mustard in my fridge right now.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: May 2008 Blogs
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2008, 04:35:24 pm »

I have no less than four varieties of mustard in my fridge right now.
To my daughter's dismay, I do as well, yet none of them are simple, yellow French's.  So I might as well have had none.  A plain1 cheese and turkey sandwich for her today!

1Hopefully CPS won't come knocking
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: May 2008 Blogs
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2008, 04:54:52 pm »

I like me some mustard, but my brother was a fiend in his youth. Dude would put mustard on his oatmeal.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: May 2008 Blogs
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2008, 05:01:21 pm »

Another glimpse of Pete's psyche - his illustration is mostly flat, but there is considerable shading and pen-pressure around G.Quizno's package.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Mr Trout

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 65528
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 493
    • View Profile
Re: May 2008 Blogs
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2008, 03:16:35 am »

I wonder if Nice Pete's drawing was also done in Onstad's favorite watering hole (see the description on the newest eBay auction) and if so, what a stranger would think of an odd looking fellow furiously shading a bulging cartoon cat's package while gulping down scotch.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 2008 Blogs
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2008, 01:23:28 pm »

I'm sorry Ray, but wine is boring, too. Not as boring as French history but all that "bouquet" and "nose" and "costs more than $10 a bottle" stuff just puts me right to sleep.

http://raysmuckles.blogspot.com/2008/05/im-sorry.html
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: May 2008 Blogs
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 01:41:28 am »

"Dry/wet".

Best. Wine. Review. EVAR!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: May 2008 Blogs
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 04:46:58 am »

"Ketel One - My idea" made me laugh out loud
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 2008 Blogs
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 01:06:41 pm »

http://corneliusbear.blogspot.com/2008/05/working-old-soil.html

I don't know about you but I'm going to have the theme song for Unfortunately Todd stuck in my head all day.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: May 2008 Blogs
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 02:21:27 pm »

It sounds a lot like the theme from "Maude."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up