Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood New Roast Beef band name: THE DATA-TONES

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage  (Read 6019 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 07:04:11 pm »

Yeah, it's not something I'd do but I can definitely see why you'd get into going out and looking at nature. Honestly your style of hunting I don't have a worse gripe with than "not my thing"; trophy-hunting bugs the hell out of me, but with game hunting I wouldn't really have the moral high ground unless I was a vegetarian. The deer gets to live its life doing its ungulate thing and it gets killed by a predator that wants to eat it, which is basically the standard deer lifecycle since very old times.

Still not too cool with kill-for-the-sake-of-killing types, but you can rest easy in the knowledge that your brand of the hobby is approved of by an overweight liberal urban Jew who posts to Internet forums about cartoon cats without any ##### on.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 07:33:09 pm »

Still not too cool with kill-for-the-sake-of-killing types, but you can rest easy in the knowledge that your brand of the hobby is approved of by an overweight liberal urban Jew who posts to Internet forums about cartoon cats without any ****** on.

There it is, folks...the magic of the Internet! 

This thread went to an awesome place.  I love you guys. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 08:47:17 pm »

Sometimes it's cool just to run into some snakes fuck*ng.

I agree, but I prefer it happening indoors where I will not run into any loose bears, defecating or otherwise.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 11:15:27 pm »

Ben-san has basically summarised my view. I might try hunting one day, which is a turn around from a few years ago when I just didn't get the attraction at all, but only if it was something I could chow down on later.
Actually now I think about it 'roo steak is pretty tasty, though I think the wild ones can have hell of parasites.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 11:42:10 pm »

Marsupial meat...weird.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2008, 12:11:29 am »

Yay for the internet.

Damn, Skippy.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2008, 01:30:53 am »

I like it but not all the time. I think gamey is the right word for it? It reminds me of lamb in a weird way but with a sharper flavour.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2008, 01:35:13 am »

One time when I was talking to someone who had never eaten venison, I discovered that I was unable to explain the concept of "gamey." I just couldn't do it, you either have had it or you haven't in my opinion.

Kangaroo Burgers is an awesome urban legend, it just pays zero mind to the logical obstructions to the concept and goes for the gold.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2008, 01:38:22 am »

I also don't think kangaroo meat would make a good mince patty. A nice slow cooked roast is more appropriate to my mind.

Huh, according to aunty I was wrong about wild roos being more risky disease wise since there aren't actually any farmed roos. Interesting stuff. Damn, more people need to eat this stuff, ditch the sheep have open paddocks full of roos and ecological stability here we come.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 03:03:14 am by Doc »
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2008, 04:20:39 pm »

Clearly, differences in opinion on the role of coyotes in modern life exist:


(People make pets out of the damnedest things)

Click picture for saccharine web site
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Wile E. Coyote on the Rampage
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2008, 02:58:51 am »

"Guest      10:44:46 PM     Printing the topic "Lesbian Bukkake"."

In other news, today ill wish I hadnt spent so much at the bar last night. But they have these delicious kielbasa with beer mustard sammiches and shots that vary in price by the hour.
"In 10 minutes the price of shots goes up $1." - "Wait what? Ok Ill have 5 more shots, please, now. You can even put them all in one cup if that works for you."
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up