Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Drunk Food  (Read 7993 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Drunk Food
« on: May 13, 2008, 07:05:46 am »

Whats your favorite food when you are under the awesome spirit? Or fave cooking with some alcohol?
My favorite cooking is my legendary beer butt chicken. I have special combo of beer and spices that steams into the bird just right and makes the most amazing chicken youve ever tasted. But this requires too much patience for a drunken meal.
For drunk food I am all about bratz. The bar I inhabit grills a mean bratwurst which I douse in beer mustard. Bierwurst is also tasty. On cheap nights I tend to prefer french fries or pizza.
My most favorite high food is general tsos chicken, while my most favorite drunk food is a wurst sammich with mustard (i hate mustard when im sober).
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Food
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 07:48:26 am »

In the main strip of bars where I am there's a pizza place that's pretty legendary. Huge greasy slices of awesome. There's also a place that does giant breakfasts for 4 bucks which are just the thing about 4 am.

As for making food while drunk there is a story involving me drinking scotch all night then deciding in a crazed fashion to make peanut butter biscuits, eating a whole bunch of said biscuits and then chugging a can of guinness (an inferior guinness delivery mechanism but I was young and foolish then). My last memory is wandering towards the bathroom muttering that I didn't feel so good. I thankfully remember nothing of the rest of the evening but last time I checked that girlfriend still can't stand the smell of peanut butter.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Drunk Food
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 10:48:49 am »

I guess I most often go for curry when drunk, but really under those circumstances I'll eat anything. Especially Scampi Fries. They're amazing.

As for cooking, I make a mean not-quite-a-beef-bourguignon which can be easily made as a mean not-quite-a-coq-au-vin instead. But that's simple stuff.

Steak cooked in beer is obviously delicious, but I surprise myself by preferring lager and wholegrain mustard to ale.

I was going to make a Guinness chocolate cake once but then I drank the spare Guinness instead. Oh well.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Food
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 01:18:17 pm »

Drunk food: eggs Benedict at Perkins

Stoned food: Cool Ranch Doritos - the large bag - all to myself.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Food
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 01:33:43 pm »

I guess I most often go for curry when drunk, but really under those circumstances I'll eat anything. Especially Scampi Fries. They're amazing.

So there are places where one can get curry that are open late or do you just get drunk really early in the day? The idea of "scampi fries" frightens and confuses me.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Food
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 02:14:53 pm »

Usually when I'm drunk, the last thing I want to do is eat. 

I might eat on the way to being drunk, though, and then it's usually something heavy.  Pedro's best friend makes these incredible barbecue chicken wings that are probably the best drinking food ever.  I'm also a fan of cheese fries, quesedillas, onion rings, and potato skins.  Basically the entire appetizer menu at Friendly's, is what I'm going for here.  But this needs to happen well before I've finished my second Cuba Libre, because I am *not* interested in food after I've got alcohol in my tummy. 

At that point I am more interested in taking off my clothes and behaving inappropriately in public.  This is why I don't really get drunk any more. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Food
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2008, 03:00:51 pm »

At that point I am more interested in taking off my clothes and behaving inappropriately in public.  This is why I don't really get drunk any more. 

If I may quote a great military mind: Shake it, baby!
Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Drunk Food
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2008, 03:36:09 pm »

Some form of scrambled eggs usually does the trick for me, be they plain ol' scrambled, omlette or scrambled on top of a bagel.

I am, however, significantly less inappropriate when I am drunk or high. I pretty much just get kind of chill and comfortable and the most "wacky" thing I'll want to do is come up with offensive skits for Conan O'Brien but never write them down.

I think that my everyday inappropriateness comes from all the ways I try to be a normal person but my anxiousness makes it come out all weird and... when I'm messed up, those barriers temporarily fall and...

I'm definitely not getting naked or getting in a fight.

Most I'm doing when I'm messed up is playing air guitar to the solo at the middle of "Money".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: Drunk Food
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2008, 04:22:12 pm »

My favorite drunk food ever was the fried chicken platter at Dempsey's Diner in Lancaster, PA.  (As far as I know Jough has nothing to do with the place.)  Anything greasy and filling will fit the bill, such as Philly cheesesteaks, or when in Canadia, poutine.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Food
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2008, 04:33:29 pm »

Scotch is a solo affair. I drink alone.

With nobody else? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Drunk Food
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2008, 05:03:33 pm »

So there are places where one can get curry that are open late or do you just get drunk really early in the day? The idea of "scampi fries" frightens and confuses me.

Well, my local takeaway is a pizza/curry/kebab place and actually does pretty decent food, and is open til midnight in the week and one on a Saturday. Which usually means that it's usually closed just too late, but occasionally urge and timing coincide and it is a beautiful thing. I have made curry when drunk occasionally; it tends to come out quite horrid but the drink generally compensates.

Scampi fries are oddly-shaped crisps - they're hollow and pillow-shaped - that are supposed to take like scampi and lemon. They're chuffing amazing.

Scotch is a solo affair.

Lies.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Food
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2008, 05:59:51 pm »

Well, my local takeaway is a pizza/curry/kebab place and actually does pretty decent food, and is open til midnight in the week and one on a Saturday. Which usually means that it's usually closed just too late, but occasionally urge and timing coincide and it is a beautiful thing. I have made curry when drunk occasionally; it tends to come out quite horrid but the drink generally compensates.

The idea of sausage pizza and chicken tikka masala coming from the same place makes my taste buds want to flee.

Quote
Scampi fries are oddly-shaped crisps - they're hollow and pillow-shaped - that are supposed to take like scampi and lemon. They're chuffing amazing.

I know these words* but this sentence makes no sense. I mean, I've heard of crab chips, but they don't actually taste like crab. They just have Old Bay on them. Any potato product that tastes like shellgiraffe just freaks me right the hell out.



*except "chuffing" which appears to mean "fuck*ng"
Logged

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Food
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 07:17:37 pm »

With nobody else? 

You know, when Ash drinks alone, he prefers to be by himself.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Drunk Food
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 07:19:47 pm »

dude, I really just want to make some kind of pun on... when I am drunk all I want is potato chips, you know, what is your favorite brand?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Food
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2008, 07:35:26 pm »

You know, when Ash drinks alone, he prefers to be by himself.

Thanks, I thought that was going to pass everyone by. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up