Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Italian food is like pornography. I can’t define it, but I know when I have paid too much.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...  (Read 9476 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Asherdan

  • Flavor-Flav's Blinking Tooth
  • Mod Squad
  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 678
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 188
    • View Profile
Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...
« on: May 17, 2008, 05:45:38 pm »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 05:40:03 pm by Asherdan »
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 10:14:09 pm »

I did a ninth grade report on Teddy Kennedy, and wrote to his office asking for some biographical information. A month after the report was due, I got the info from them. It did, however, include a letter that he had signed. The first "important" autograph I ever received.

So I have a soft spot for the man. Pull through, Teddy!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 10:28:31 pm »

Oh, so mean. I have had such a bad day. Can we not be mean to people today just because we hate their politics?

Tomorrow might work, though. I'll let you know.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2008, 02:57:50 am »

I'm convinced that the "murder" thing was a frame job, wherein The Powers That Be figured that killing three brothers with White House aspirations and passing them off as un-coordinated would have even the rubes of America calling shenanigans so...

Y'know. They had to cap his power in a different way.

But then, I suppose, I'm sort of a sucker for conspiracy theories that make too much sense.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2008, 03:36:02 am »

i was just thinking the other day...
in other countries when a president/prime minister gets whacked it's always by a really coordinated conspiracy of high-ups or generals or whatever.
But in the US we're so awesome that lone whack-jobs can pull off amazing whack jobs?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2008, 05:26:41 am »

i was just thinking the other day...
in other countries when a president/prime minister gets whacked it's always by a really coordinated conspiracy of high-ups or generals or whatever.
But in the US we're so awesome that lone whack-jobs can pull off amazing whack jobs?
Yeah, people believe that have obviously not watched enough internet documentaries. Did you know Bush killed JFK?
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2008, 05:39:00 am »

Grandpa Bush?

Wouldn't put it past him.

Much as it would be awesome and romantic to say that... you know... some big easily-identified historical personage behind it, Nixon or LBJ or Castro or some mad Russian dictator... it was a lot more likely shadow-men like Prescott Bush.

Piddling oil merchants who mistook the breath of history as the wind in the sails of their coming-in-ships. War profiteers. Conspiracies not of sweeping world conquest but of short-term amoral economic interest.

No one Big Bad, rather a thousand blandly greedy Invisible Hands.

Those who would only be kings and those who would only beget them.

A conspiracy of buzzards, a murder of crows.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2008, 08:49:14 am »

uh

teddy survived a plane crash in '64. maybe he wasn't "supposed" to.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2008, 04:21:38 pm »

Quote from: Choopernickel
teddy survived a plane crash in '64. maybe he wasn't "supposed" to.

Lets ask his colleague, Senator Wellstone of Minnesota, his opinion on the matter.

Oh wait, sorry. He died in about the most ridiculously obvious plane "crash" since motherfuckers thought that airplanes would look like helicopters on pogo sticks. So we can't ask him.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2008, 04:40:36 pm »

I just wanted to see some the complex mental gymspastics people would go through over the sadistic bag of shit evil.

At least Kennedy uses his evil for good. As opposed to someone like McCain, who's using his good for evil.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2008, 04:55:11 pm »

How about now?

Oh, all right.

But surely we can find more interesting news to talk about. How about the epidemic of escaping orangutans?

Quote
Associated Press - May 18, 2008 12:03 PM ET

TAMPA (AP) - Two orangutans are safely back in their cages after escaping from enclosures at two different zoos across the country.

At Busch Gardens in Tampa, Florida, part of a new exhibit is closed after a 10-year-old female orangutan escaped yesterday by climbing the exhibit's windows. Caretakers had to coax it into a back area using apples, carrots and vanilla ice cream for about an hour.

Meanwhile, 3,000 visitors at the Los Angeles Zoo were forced to head for the exit yesterday when a 29-year-old orangutan named Bruno punched a hole through mesh that surrounds his habitat. Authorities say he was free for about 20 minutes until a handler saw him in a holding area behind the cage. Keepers quickly approached the orangutan and sedated him.

Bruno never made it into the zoo's public area and zoo officials say "he was never aggressive."

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Chimps ahoy!
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2008, 05:04:45 pm »

There are many angles to this story, of course.

Were they in a long-distance May-December romance, breaking out to see each other?

Are apes just growing more intelligent because of pollution ala "Kamandi The Last Boy on Earth"?

Is Bruno the most awesome name for an orangutan ever or is a better one possible?

I imagine that he looks like Bruce Willis except, of course, more human and intelligent than Bruce Willis. Probably a better harmonica player as well.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2008, 07:24:04 pm »

I have a really big crush on Orangutans. Like, I think they are just such amazing animals. They are my favorite primate, I think (although Gibbons are pretty cool, if only for their human-like mating patterns).
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2008, 07:47:48 pm »

I have a really big crush on Orangutans. Like, I think they are just such amazing animals. They are my favorite primate, I think (although Gibbons are pretty cool, if only for their human-like mating patterns).

You're mom's my favorite primate.

I'm sorry.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Fat, drunken and murdering Teddy...
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2008, 09:11:24 pm »

I have a really big crush on Orangutans.

... is the sort of quote that will be taken out of context and used against you if you ever end up in the sort of job where people do that.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up