Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Wombat is MAD WITH POWER.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Grade School Confidential  (Read 11801 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2008, 01:25:55 pm »

For AD and Carlos I'm voting for the first album items, because they are easy lies to make up.

I have no idea for JL's, though.

Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2008, 01:37:26 pm »

Hrm.

JL #3 - breastfeeding the dolls?  Probably something you did in private.

AD #1 - huffing glue?  Probably you did huff glue, but near death?  That's were I doubt you.

Carlos #2 - I'm going to guess you fell, but did break something.


For me:

1) I had an intense crush on Optimus Prime in Gr.1 and imagined he was my boyfriend. I would snuggle in bed at night and imagine his loving ***** arms holding me tight.
2) My kindergarten boyfriend and I were heavily engulfed in an imaginary world where we were super heroes and our archenemy was Hairy Canary.  This mostly involved holding hands while running in a circle (pretending to fly) until we got to dizzy and had to stop.
3) In grade four while making Ukrainian eggs I accidentally lit the craft supply table on fire, and just stood there, not knowing what to do and too embarrassed to ask for help until my teacher noticed the flames.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2008, 02:58:04 pm »

Quote
1) I had an intense crush on Optimus Prime in Gr.1 and imagined he was my boyfriend. I would snuggle in bed at night and imagine his loving ##### arms holding me tight.
2) My kindergarten boyfriend and I were heavily engulfed in an imaginary world where we were super heroes and our archenemy was Hairy Canary.  This mostly involved holding hands while running in a circle (pretending to fly) until we got to dizzy and had to stop.
3) In grade four while making Ukrainian eggs I accidentally lit the craft supply table on fire, and just stood there, not knowing what to do and too embarrassed to ask for help until my teacher noticed the flames.

#2 is the lie.

And, the breastfeeding the doll is obviously true, as I feel like my own sister did this. Or something similar.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2008, 04:50:51 pm »

Hrm.

JL #3 - breastfeeding the dolls?  Probably something you did in private.

AD #1 - huffing glue?  Probably you did huff glue, but near death?  That's were I doubt you.

Carlos #2 - I'm going to guess you fell, but did break something.


For me:

1) I had an intense crush on Optimus Prime in Gr.1 and imagined he was my boyfriend. I would snuggle in bed at night and imagine his loving ##### arms holding me tight.
2) My kindergarten boyfriend and I were heavily engulfed in an imaginary world where we were super heroes and our archenemy was Hairy Canary.  This mostly involved holding hands while running in a circle (pretending to fly) until we got to dizzy and had to stop.
3) In grade four while making Ukrainian eggs I accidentally lit the craft supply table on fire, and just stood there, not knowing what to do and too embarrassed to ask for help until my teacher noticed the flames.

My #3 is true.  As inev noted, apparently this is a kind of common thing.  The unusual thing that I did with it, however, was to realize that I did not have boobs, and instead crook my arm across my chest to simulate my aunt's ample bosom, and gently hold my doll's mouth up to my bent elbow (that being the closest thing an arm has to a nipple) with the other hand.  So now you have a 50/50 shot between #1 and #2. 

I think your #1 is false, smells.  It is the kind of thing I want desperately to be true, and I think you know this, and therefore made it up just for the delight of it.  All three are very believable, though. 

I got no idea about AD and carlos, though. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2008, 04:56:38 pm »

no no no! she has mentioned her crush on Optimus Prime before! Why else would I be saving up for a boxy metal suit?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 05:40:43 pm »

Both of you are wrong.  It's number 3, and the only word that needs to be changed to make it a truth is "accidentally" which needs to be swapped for "intentionally" to make it true.  I was holding a Kleenex I was using to rub the excess wax off my finished egg, and I thought, hmmm I wonder what would happen if I light this on fire... immediately the table (covered in plastic bags), the piles of news papers (for laying out the eggs on) the egg cartons, and everything were on fire.  I stood there horrified at the consequences of my actions, but uncertain what to do.  My teacher was so apologetic to me after she put out the fire saying she knew she should have been helping me. 

I was deeply in love with Optimus Prime (and at other times Mighty penis, Danger penis and Thriller-era Michael Jackson).  I used to feign interest in playing with boys just so I could hold their toy versions of my ***** boyfriend, which was frustrating because I wasn't allowed to have an Optimus Prime because he was "for boys and too expensive.  You'll get tired of it."  Sigh.  I used to gaze out the windows as we drove down the highway at the Semi's wondering if one of them was Optimus, and he would transform and take me away.  Very odd.

My kindergarten boyfriend and I did constantly pretend we were super heroes (Wonder Girl and Superman) and that we were battling the evil Hairy Canary.  Hairy Canary was an evil genius we made up, and looked like (in my mind) an enormous hair covered bird. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008, 05:45:57 pm »

Oh, man.  I thought the Optimus Prime crush was too good to be true.  I'm so glad it's not. 

We need some fresh meat here, people.  Who hasn't given one yet? 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 05:50:42 pm »

I accidentally put mine in the "Bedroom" thread but...

I just need to think up one more sexy-weird thing about me and then a sexy-weird lie.

"I'm helping, Bizarro, I'm helping, Bizarro!"
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 05:54:14 pm »

Well, Choop's just cracking wise about nerd love, Cap'n Squeakers has been around but hasn't contributed to the thread, Ruta Bagas and Toaster likewise.  Linnea's off being a grownup or something.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 06:00:01 pm »

I accidentally put mine in the "Bedroom" thread but...

I just need to think up one more sexy-weird thing about me and then a sexy-weird lie.

"I'm helping, Bizarro, I'm helping, Bizarro!"

What Bedroom thread?  I have no idea what you're talking about. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 06:12:14 pm »

I'm terrible at games like this. But I did exist before I was twelve! (That's not the lie.)

I was terrified of Armorog (the big horned dog thing) in Fantasy World Dizzy and had to get somebody else to play that screen for me.

My Scout leader inadvertently knocked me out by dropping most of a tree on my head.

I urinated in the small plastic "medicine-bottle" that came with a doctor playset because I wanted it to have some "real medicine" in it.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 06:23:03 pm »

Okay. 

1) I have never seen my mom's boobs.  She's extremely modest. 

2) My best friend was overweight, and we were bullied by some boys who called us "fatty and flatty." 

3) After seeing my dad's younger sister breastfeed my cousin, I started walking around pretending to nurse my baby dolls. 

We know 3 is true, so I'll say 2 just because I don't remember you mentioning flatness before and I'm too lazy to check.

1) I didn't learn to swim until I was 11 although my mom tried getting me lessons earlier

2) Despite being in Cub Scouts for 2 years I've never been camping

3) I used to mark pages in Choose Your Own Adventure books to make sure I eventually got to read every page
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 06:57:22 pm »

Call'd Out!

CJ: #2 feels like the lie. I'm not sure why.


first: I never played D&D
two: I was reading by the age of 3
c: I dug up my mother's flower bed
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 07:25:04 pm »

Call'd Out!

CJ: #2 feels like the lie. I'm not sure why.


#2 is true. Once we went to this big cabin dealie but they said we weren't allowed to take overnight trips until we were Weebelos or something. So we hiked a bit, made some delicious mountain pies, and made god's eyes and that was about it.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Grade School Confidential
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 08:40:47 pm »


I was terrified of Armorog (the big horned dog thing) in Fantasy World Dizzy and had to get somebody else to play that screen for me.
The lie


1) I fed dog crap to my younger brother when he was 5.

2) He exacted revenge by throwing a brick through a window that I was standing on the other side of.  Flying glass lacerated my nose, which caused the babysitter to call my parents back from their date night with a hysterical phone call.

3) I used to bring my friends into my brother's room and encourage them to sniff his bed, on account of bedwetting.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up