Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin  (Read 4996 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2008, 11:21:34 am »

I am glad there is no homily, and I'm not even invited.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2008, 11:33:29 am »

Where can I get some of that Hopeugrin, dammit?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2008, 12:45:43 pm »

Officiant plugs his bar is my favorite part. That plus no homily/candle ceremony.

So the reception will be a blowout at Ray's, then?
Logged

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 01:36:33 pm »

His Pill Minder seems to be a lot more feature-rich than his Eggs and Milk Minder. Beef, your skills, they are improving.
Logged

gearnest

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • Prewar Gibson Banjos
Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 02:58:42 pm »

Beef and Molly can have one hell of a honeymoon on proceeds from the sale of a '59 Les Paul. . . should have known Ray had one of those under the bed.

Logged

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 03:57:08 pm »

I, too, need a prescription for Hopeugrin and Relaxofan.  Onstad gets extra points for "Worst Man" and poor Teodor as the Maid of Honor. 

I notice that Pat is not in the wedding party. Could there be.. TROUBLES? 
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2008, 04:43:40 pm »

As a Future Married Person who is also designing all the paperwork for our wedding, I wish this free cartoon had been published in February, before I wasted time, energy and space on making everything on a separate piece of paper.
Logged

colmore

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 56
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 379
  • Sorry Mom, Sorry Dad, Sorry College
    • View Profile
Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2008, 04:48:44 pm »

Percoset?
Logged
In Capitalist America, bank robs you!

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2008, 05:17:04 pm »

I, too, need a prescription for Hopeugrin and Relaxofan.  Onstad gets extra points for "Worst Man" and poor Teodor as the Maid of Honor. 

I notice that Pat is not in the wedding party. Could there be.. TROUBLES? 

Neither is Lyle. 

Or Showbiz. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2008, 05:21:54 pm »

Neither is Lyle. 
Yes, but Pat is a dick. 

Or Showbiz. 
An excellent point.  I guess he will miss out on bridesmaids (Teodor?) lezzin' it up on tequila.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2008, 05:41:26 pm »

oh man, a 59 sunburst les paul, what a great thing to auction off at your wedding.

personally, I have always wanted this certain Les Paul that I have only seen Bob Marley with.
Except maybe a little darker, like more of a brown than a red. I don't know why, but a wood-grain LP seems like a really good Basic Rock Music guitar. So, you know, if my band sells lots of albums in the imaginary future, I will buy such a thing.

Until then I will stick with my really nice, awesome, blue guitar. Which, awesomely, now costs half of what I paid for it.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

nDed

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 34
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 292
    • View Profile
Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2008, 07:06:37 pm »

personally, I have always wanted this certain Les Paul that I have only seen Bob Marley with.

Looks like a Les Paul Special with a metal plate around the pickup selector.
Logged
Love never blows up and gets killed.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2008, 07:20:46 pm »

Pat's boycotting all weddings till gay people have the right to marry.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
Re: May 23, 2008 - Hopeugrin
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2008, 07:23:47 pm »

Pat's boycotting all weddings till gay people have the right to marry.

Then his boycott ended last week, but I'm sure Pat still isn't happy.

Fixed the url
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 08:41:44 pm by Cap'n Squeakers »
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up