Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Note how white pepper, ground freshly into one's hand, makes it smell as though you've been rubbing your open palm around on a horse's anus.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption  (Read 2030 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
« on: May 26, 2008, 02:20:31 pm »

Do you live or work with someone? Then you know how handy it can be to have a box of these around. Blank inside, which leaves plenty of room for you to expound.

http://www.achewood.com/shop/beef_cards.php

I feel like I can make these myself for cheaper.

Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 02:23:55 pm »

Yeah... I was kinda surprised an industrious TOUAMB newbie didn't make his or her first post a link to a set of PDFs they made of DIY Beef cards.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 03:59:25 pm »

What the hell, people. Paying actual money for a card that you're going to send instead of writing a real letter or actually speaking to a person - that's how you show you care.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Death Ray

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 151
    • View Profile
    • Deep Fried, webcomics' dirty little secret
Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 06:18:42 pm »

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying any man-to-man cards that aren't at least bufferd by the delightful artwork of Sandra Boynton.



Logged

Ruta Bagas

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 108
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 426
  • Is that a shiny ring?
    • View Profile
    • The World Is Lovely
Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 06:22:47 pm »

What the hell, people. Paying actual money for a card that you're going to send instead of writing a real letter or actually speaking to a person - that's how you show you care.

Of course, you can always buy a card and write in it at length as though it were an actual letter, and then you get the best of both worlds and your loved one still has something pretty to put on their mantelpiece for the duration of the unspecified period of festivity. Like the cat said, plenty of room to expound.

That said, I bought my girlfriend a birthday card the other month solely on the basis that it had a little pull-out tab that made a rocket ship fly across the front, only to discover that it was gloss finished all over and I had to carve my message on it with the pen nib. At moments like that I almost wish I did just write "Dear X love from Mark xxx".

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 06:34:37 pm »

"Dear X love from Mark xxx".


Dear Mr. Marx,
Sorry for fuck*ng that thing of yours up so bad and making alive people become dead people.
-Hope were still dudes,
 Stalin and Lenin
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2008, 10:32:12 pm »

Dear Ilyich and Josef,
'sokay, I have other things to worry about since they got me sharin' an apartment with Ayn Rand here in philosophers' hell. It is not pleasant for either of us.
-Later
 Karl
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 01:55:00 am »

I'm sorry, but I'm not buying any man-to-man cards that aren't at least bufferd by the delightful artwork of Sandra Boynton.





I love Sandra Boynton, and her children's books delight me and my children.  One day I was reading one -- or maybe listening to the Dog Train CD -- and realized that her writing style somehow reminds me of Wombat's. 

Now I love her more. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 02:03:57 am »

I didn't know she had children's books and CDs. Obviously I need to look into this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 07:41:59 am »

I love Sandra Boynton, and her children's books delight me and my children.  One day I was reading one -- or maybe listening to the Dog Train CD -- and realized that her writing style somehow reminds me of Wombat's. 

Now I love her more. 

You DO have "The Philadelphia Chickens" book and CD, right?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Roast Beef Postcards released for sale and consumption
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2008, 02:20:10 pm »

Yes.  Also, Rhinoceros Tap. 

We loves us some Boynton. 
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson
Pages: [1]   Go Up