Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Casino Drive Scratched From Belmont  (Read 3839 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Casino Drive Scratched From Belmont
« on: June 06, 2008, 08:24:32 am »

I am saying now here the same position I've held for weeks that Casino Drive will defeat Big Brown for the Belmont. My friends and I have pooled a very considerable amount of money ( in the thousands ) ready to bet Casino Drive for the Place and Win. No one seems to be accounting for how long this race is. Big Brown is a sprinter... this race is more of a marathon and Casino Drive has been bred and trained to run exactly this race since before he was born.
Not to mention the absolutely terribly odds on Big Brown... Feel like betting 100 to win 30? Big brown is your man. I wouldn't be surprised if he went off at 1/8.
Itll be fun either way. If BB wins, itll be an historical event. If CD wins, Ill be champagne rich. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2008, 02:39:06 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Casino Drive Will Win The Belmont
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 10:58:36 am »

Anybody who has a thing for sports at all should be reading this Vegas Watch.  This isn't one of the best articles, but he agrees with A-CAP: http://vegaswatch.net/2008/06/2008-belmont-stakes-odds.html
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Casino Drive Will Win The Belmont
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:31:47 pm »

http://tcm.bloodhoss.com/article/45605.htm
<-- censors break link, should read "blood h o r s e .com"

“He has a small issue with his left-hind leg and we are not happy,” said Nobutaka Tada, spokesperson of owner Hidetoshi Yamamota and trainer Kazuo Fujisawa. “So we did not go to the track.”

“We have not yet scratched him from the race,” Tada said outside Barn 17. “There is nothing stopping us at this moment and we are not thinking of scratching. We think it might be a small stone bruise and we will watch it closely.

No fuck*ng way, cmon.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2008, 07:35:49 pm by Arachno-capitalist »
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: Casino Drive Will Win The Belmont
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 12:35:26 am »

I don't know or care who wins the race... I'm just going to be very angry if the news story starts, "Tragedy at the Belmont today..."
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Casino Drive Will Win The Belmont
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 12:59:59 am »

What the heck kind of a name is Big Brown? That's not the name of a champion, that's like something a five year old would name a hoss.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Casino Drive Will Win The Belmont
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 01:03:44 am »

What the heck kind of a name is Big Brown? That's not the name of a champion, that's like something a five year old would name a hoss.

Big Brown is named after UPS. Big Brown's owner, Paul Pompa Jr., named the hoss in gratitude after his Brooklyn, N.Y., trucking company received a contract extension from UPS Freight. His Truck-Rite Corp. hauls palletized shipments for the UPS trucking unit.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Casino Drive Will Win The Belmont
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 01:40:17 am »

What the heck kind of a name is Big Brown? That's not the name of a champion, that's like something a five year old would name a hoss.

Please do not be talking bad about Mrs. West's employer.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Casino Drive Will Win The Belmont
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2008, 01:41:53 am »

Please do not be talking bad about Mrs. West's employer.

Call me when they hide an arrow in their logo.
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: Casino Drive Will Win The Belmont
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2008, 11:36:30 am »

There are three hosss that live on my family's property in Oklahoma and I just realized I have no idea what any of their names are.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Casino Drive Scratched From Belmont
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2008, 02:41:06 pm »

http://tcm.blood h o r s e.com/article/45628.htm

Casino Drive has scratched from the Belmont after he was found to be favoring his left side after a morning exercise.
Sad Faces all around. 
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Casino Drive Scratched From Belmont
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2008, 03:03:04 pm »

Too bad. I just checked the rest of the field and given my theory that the hoss with the best sounding name should win, Casino Drive had a real shot.

I'm rooting for Guadalcanal. I don't care that the odds are 50-1.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Casino Drive Scratched From Belmont
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2008, 03:21:21 pm »

Well Big Brown cant win first, second, and third place so two more hosss are going to be handing out money today. Denis of Cork seems to have his shit together. Also, Icabad Crane and Macho Again caught my eye. The big brown predestination opens up Exacta and Trifecta options so this will be fun.
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Casino Drive Scratched From Belmont
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 07:55:11 pm »

Well Big Brown cant win first, second, and third place so two more hosss are going to be handing out money today. Denis of Cork seems to have his shit together. Also, Icabad Crane and Macho Again caught my eye. The big brown predestination opens up Exacta and Trifecta options so this will be fun.

There are a lot of fairly serious hoss players at my new job and they seem to like Macho Again.  For whatever that's worth.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Re: Casino Drive Scratched From Belmont
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2008, 11:05:58 pm »

Well that was some fun. It was like Big Brown wasn't even in the game, he was just some blow hard who happened to show up to the race. I loved it. Standing there in the OTB watching everyone watch Big Brown, the pre-ordained winner of the triple crown, the ultimate bad ass, COME IN LAST PLACE to the hosss his trainer called "a bunch of jokers who don't even deserve to race my hoss".
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Casino Drive Scratched From Belmont
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2008, 11:48:23 pm »

He was like a completely different hoss.  Somebody made a shitload of money today.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up