Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mint cake frosting  (Read 4088 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Mint cake frosting
« on: June 08, 2008, 11:16:08 pm »

So out of necessity I've been teaching myself how to cook for the past few weeks. As part of that I've been catching up on something I always meant to do, which is learn how to bake cakes. A couple weeks ago I made a CUNT shortcake, last week a chocolate loaf cake, this week mint chocolate chip cupcakes.

The problem is that I made way too much mint buttercream (and oh that all my problems should be such). I'll probably do another batch of mint chocolate chip cupcakes but does anyone have any good suggestions for what cakes would go well under mint frosting?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mint cake frosting
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2008, 12:00:54 am »

Chocolate! Much better than chocolate chip. Ooo, really, that sounds good even though I don't like mint that much.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mint cake frosting
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2008, 01:36:35 pm »

Brownies!
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Re: Mint cake frosting
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2008, 03:44:13 pm »

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Mint cake frosting
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2008, 04:14:07 pm »

You could make little crispy chocolate cookies. Then you'd have like a homemade Grasshopper.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Mint cake frosting
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2008, 02:46:10 am »

I thought extra frosting was for fingers?

Not this much. I seriously underestimated how much the recipe would produce and ended up with more frosting than cupcake (by volume) after they were all frosted.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Mint cake frosting
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 08:02:39 am »

Brownies!

Mint brownies are basically 17 kinds of awesome dude.
Trust a fellow on this.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Mint cake frosting
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 05:10:16 am »

Okay, so what I ended up doing was baking a chocolate loaf cake with chocolate chips inside, slicing it into two layers, and putting a frosting layer in the middle as well as coating the outside. It came out pretty well.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Mint cake frosting
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 02:53:18 am »

The Spouse is on a cruel and thorough life-long anti-mint campaign.
*faints*
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Mint cake frosting
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2008, 03:26:42 am »

You done did good there, that sounds tasty.

This is coming from a mint deprived guy, though. The Spouse is on a cruel and thorough life-long anti-mint campaign.

You should plant some just to spite her.  Stuff grows like kudzu.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mint cake frosting
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2008, 10:31:04 pm »

I love me some mint ice cream.  The thing is, ice cream is all chilly up in your mouth, but mint is all chilly but in a way not affiliated with temperature, so it is like two kinds of chill.  So mint ice cream is sort of like magic. 
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Mint cake frosting
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2008, 10:54:21 pm »

Another way we know Smells is a genius with the words: I hate mint ice cream, but now I want to have some.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Mint cake frosting
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 04:00:17 am »

Actually, my most quotable quotes are:

"Head in the gutter, body in this room.  Head in the gutter, body in this room. Head in the gutter, body in this room,"  Uttered by the folks I volunteered with at the HIV clinic as a sort of mantra, and used by one as her msn sig.  This started because I got sick of all the clients getting giddy and unfocused just because I let them be as dirty as they want to be without censoring or shock, or would join in the dirtiness without batting an eye.  The chatting would start and I would just start chanting this to myself quietly until they all quieted down, but now it's like... an actual meditation that they all join in on when I do it.   
 
and

"I jack-off to the thought of hurting you."  Which is a line from my current play, which the director is using with different intonations at every possible opportunity.  Today it was suggested that this be posted in large letters over my desk at the children's theatre so that I will be sitting there with a kid, all trying to comfort him and get him to stop crying, with those words looming over me.  Today I personally suggested putting this in quotes on the posters with the name of everybody's least favorite critic proceeding it.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Mint cake frosting
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2008, 04:26:24 am »

"I jack-off to the thought of hurting you."  Which is a line from my current play, which the director is using with different intonations at every possible opportunity.  Today it was suggested that this be posted in large letters over my desk at the children's theatre so that I will be sitting there with a kid, all trying to comfort him and get him to stop crying, with those words looming over me.  Today I personally suggested putting this in quotes on the posters with the name of everybody's least favorite critic proceeding it.

I'm going to be smiling all day now.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: [1]   Go Up